Chapter 35

I was a little nervous when Ryan said we were going out to meet Ricky and his girlfriend Jaime. I never met her before and I was praying to whoever that she would like me. We decided that we would just meet them at a local coffee shop and hang out there.

Ryan and I pulled up to the coffee shop and we got out walking hand in hand through the door. Ryan spotted Ricky and a light brown-haired girl with a nose ring at a nearby table and Ricky waved us over to sit with them.

"Why don't you go over and sit down, I'll get our coffees. Dark roast, straight black?"

"Yes."

I walked over to the table and waved to Ricky and his girlfriend when I sat down. I didn't know what to say and I was already made a bad impression of myself.

"So you're Brianne?" Jaime smiled at me.

"Indeed. It's finally nice to meet you." I replied.

"Well, Ryan does speak highly of you."

"Nonstop," Ricky added before taking a sip of coffee.

I rolled my eyes smiling and smiled, even more, when Ryan came back with our drinks. He set mine down in front of me and I took two small sips, trying to avoid burning my tongue.

"What's nonstop?" Ryan asked sitting beside me.

"Your love fest with Miss Brianne over here," Ricky said chuckling.

"What can I say? I'm head over heels for her." Ryan said bringing me in close and kissing me on top of the head.

****************************

Ryan and Ricky talked with each other about upcoming tour dates and guitar talk while Jaime and I chatted about our professions. I learned that Jaime was a teacher at one of the schools and I praised her for having patience with children.

"So what's new with you guys?" Rick asked.

"Not much, we're going house hunting soon."

"Really?"

"Yeah, I figured it'd save us gas with traveling back and forth to each other's houses."

"This is true," Jaime added in.

Ryan hadn't discussed me yet and he's telling Ricky and Jaime we're going house hunting. I still haven't given this decision a definite yes or no yet. I'd like to list out the pros and cons of this living situation with Ryan but looks like he's made up his mind.

We said goodbye to Ricky and Jaime and Ryan decided that we go back to his house to enjoy the rest of the afternoon to ourselves.

"Are you okay?" Ryan asked as we pulled into the driveway.

"Kinda," I said getting out of the car.

Ryan followed behind me and unlocked the front door and I walked in going over to the couch to sit down.

"Well, what's wrong?"

"You seem pretty set in stone with this whole house situation, Ryan. I wanted to discuss it with you."

"Babe, don't you think us living together will be good?"

"I never said it wouldn't be good. I don't want this to be something we can barely afford and then boom we're separating from each other." I said as tears threatened to pour from my eyes.

"With our incomes, I'm sure this is something we can afford, why are you freaking out so much over this?" Ryan asked sitting beside me.

To be honest this was reminding me of my parents all too much. They were young and had my older sister and bought a house they could barely afford, then I show up a few years later and they're getting a divorce! Dad lost and moved out of the house and he pretty much struggled to find something on his own. I don't want that to be my future.

"Because my parents bought a house they couldn't afford and they had two kids in the picture. They fought mostly over finances and then all of a sudden my dad is moving out to find his place. I don't want that to be us."

Ryan pulled me into his chest and stroked my hair back. "That won't be us, Brianne. And I'm aware houses are not cheap, but this isn't like we need to live in a mansion or something. It'll be something perfect for two people." He smiled.

"Okay." I smiled nodding my head.