Chapter 7

Sunday had gone quicker than thought and it was back to work on Monday. I yawned as I got out of my car and unlocked the door to the studio. I took off my coat and turned on all the lights in the building. I headed over to my work desk and turned on my computer.

Fifteen minutes into my arrival and Emilee walked in through the door, yawning as well. We were both going to be extremely busy with customers today, so being here bright and early was a must.

"I just hope it's no children today," Emilee said, setting up her tripod.

"Worse," I said, opening my binder and looking at the schedule. "There are three people here that are getting senior portraits done."

"So, big babies then?"

"There's a couple of orders that are being picked up today as well."

I walked into the back and got most of the prints that were being picked up. Ugh, I wish this part of the studio was a little more organized, but I guess that's for another day.

"Hi, can I help you?" I heard Emilee asked. "Yeah, just a second, Brianne?"

"Yeah?"

"There's a pick-up out here."

We just opened up, well better to get them soon than later. I walked out from the back and could've fainted when I saw Ryan standing in the studio, my studio!

"Hi, nice to see you again."

"Likewise. My mom said my sister's pictures were ready to be picked up, so I figured I'd grab them for her."

"I'll go to the back and check."

I turned around and had the biggest smile on my face as I stepped into the back. I looked for Alli's photos for a while, even though they were right in front of me, I was nervous and kind of fangirling a little.

I picked up the envelope and walked out with a small smile on my face. I placed them on the counter and scanned them.

"Would you like to see them before your mom does?"

"That's ok, I wouldn't want to smudge them. I'm sure she'll be amazed by how they turned out, you're an excellent photographer."

"Thanks." I blushed.

Ryan pulled out his wallet and took out a credit card. "I told my mom I'd pay for Alli's formal pictures."

"That's nice of you."

Two receipts were printed out and I handed the top copy over for his signature and the bottom was to keep just in case. He signed his name and slid over the paper as I handed over his copy.

"Thanks for doing these."

"Thanks for stopping in. Have a good day."

Ryan nodded his head and walked out the door as Emilee walked over and winked at me.

"What?"

"You like him." She said in a sing-song tone.

"He is cute, isn't he?"

"Brianne hit that!"

"Don't make me fire you." I joked.

"He came in here to see you!"

"No he didn't, did you not hear him? He was doing an errand for his mother, which was very sweet of him."

"Oh yeah?" Emilee asked, picking up the receipt. "Look at what we have here."

I took the slip of paper from her hand and almost had a mini-stroke from what I was looking at. Ryan's signature was there alright and so was his phone number!

"He probably wrote it down just in case."

"In case for what?"

"To do business."

"Yeah, bow chicka wow wow business! Brianne, he's interested obviously, so give him a shot and if he's not all that great, at least you'll know. What's the worst that could go wrong?"

A million things.

"I'm not that exactly ready for dating."

"Just give him a chance, for me?"

I looked at Emilee and then down at Ryan's phone number. Emilee was right, I should at least give this man a chance, and what was the worst that could go wrong? I need to stop living in the past and get over that stupid ex.

"Okay, I'll do it." I smiled.

"Yay!"

The rest of the day I was pondering why Ryan had taken such a sudden interest in me. I was a plain girl who did photography and ran her own business. There wasn't that much about me that someone would find remotely interesting.

I was on my break, sitting at my desk and staring at that damn receipt. Do I call him or should I text him? Was it a bad time to call or text at this very moment? Ryan could be doing band stuff at the moment for all I know.

"Why is the Panera by us always so packed?" Emilee asked, walking in with our lunch.

"Huh?" I came out of my thoughts and looked at her.

"You ok over there?"

"I'm fine. Let's eat and thank you for grabbing my order as well." I smiled, taking the bag from her.

"Did you text him yet?"

Damn! I knew she'd bring Ryan back up. I took out my food and unwrapped it, not making eye contact with Emilee.

"The fact that you're not saying anything or looking at me, I'm guessing you did or didn't and my final answer is didn't do it."

"He could be busy."

"You won't know unless you do it. Do it, do it, come on, do it." Emilee smiled, poking me.

I sighed and took my phone and typed in the number, sending a simple hey. Emilee took my phone and frowned at me.

"All you can say is hey, I'm redoing this."

"Emilee!" I reached over and tried to grab my phone from her. I'm not trusting her to send Ryan a text message knowing how she can be.

"Done." She smiled, handing my phone back over.

"You better not have said something that'll have him get a restraining order," I warned, looking through my texts.

"Relax, all I said is that it was you and hope you're not disturbing him. I also sent have a good day and it was nice to do business, hopefully, we can do it again."

"Still a risky text."

My phone vibrated and my eyes almost popped out of the sockets. He replied already!?

"Doesn't sound that risky to me. What'd he say?"

"Sup, you're not bothering me, smiley face and I'd like to do business again laughing out loud." I looked at Emilee and raised my eyebrows.

"Ask him to define the business."

Brianne: Define business lol

Ryan: Idk, maybe I can discuss business with you over dinner?

"He wants to discuss it over dinner!"

"When?!"

Brianne: When is best for you?

Ryan: How about tomorrow at 7:30?

"Tomorrow at 7:30. Em, I don't know?"

"Oh you're going and you're going to have fun dammit! Tell him that's perfect and it's a date."

"Ryan could very well want to discuss business tomorrow."

"No sweetie, he just asked you out and I believe you just said yes." She smiled at me.

Oh crap, he did! I don't think I'm mentally prepared for this!