Chapter 30

Ryan and I discussed that we would leave for Pittsburgh on a Friday after I'm done with work and we'd stay in a nearby hotel. Here's where I'm stuck on the fence with this: Do I tell my mom I'm coming in for a visit or no?

"What'cha thinking about over there?" Emilee asked.

"Ryan and I are driving into Pittsburgh for the weekend to visit my mom."

"Have you told him how you're mom can get?" She asked walking from her desk over to mine.

"He said sticks and stones. I feel like this is going to be a disaster because I haven't spoken to her since I moved up here and you know she resents my dad for him siding with me on the move."

"Your mom could have changed since then and she may like Ryan."

Yeah, when pigs fly. I've said many times that my mom is a judgmental person and she doesn't keep things to herself when she should. If you have nothing nice to say about someone then go sit with my mom because you'll be best friends.

"I highly doubt that, Em. I'm how many miles away from her and I still feel like I'm being judged by her, especially because my job is different from my sister's and I don't have this grand fiance who is the world's biggest pain in the ass."

"Brianne," Emilee said grabbing me by the shoulders. "Your job is just as important as your sister's and is your sister running and managing her own business? No, she's not and so what about her fiance, who knows maybe Ryan will pop that question to you one day?" She smirked pinching my cheek.

"Let's not get too far ahead of ourselves."

"I'm just saying he could be the one, Bri." She smiled.

********************************************************************

After work, I was sitting at my dining room table editing some photos on my laptop when my phone started ringing. I looked down at the screen and saw it was Ryan calling me.

"Hi, lover," I answered.

"Sup?"

"Just editing some photos."

"Didn't work end for you like two hours ago?"

"I take work home too." I chuckled.

"You work too much. Anyways I got us a room at SpringHill Suites by the North Shore for the weekend. Have you spoken to your mom about you coming in for a visit?"

"No, because I don't know how she'll react to it. I just figured I'd tell her I'm in town for business and I stopped by to see how she was doing."

"You're stressed about something?"

I sighed and played around with the camera wire that was connected to my laptop. "I just don't want her to ruin things with us because I know she's going to say something about your job or the way you dress. She's going to act like a, I hate to say it, but a real bitch to you."

"And if she does then we're walking right out of that house and going straight home. We can give your mom a chance and if things don't go as planned then at least we can say we tried."

"True. I just want things to be good is all."

"They will."

God, I hope Ryan's right with this.

Sorry, it's short. Needed a filler.