Chapter 17

The weekend was officially over and I was back at work as much as I didn't want to leave Ryan's house I had to, mainly because all my cameras and equipment were back at my place. I walked to my studio's door, unlocking it, and walked in to turn on all the lights inside.

I set my stuff done at my desk and started to set things up for the day. Shortly after Emilee walked in, yawning and took her seat at her desk, and placed her head down.

"I take it you had a rough night?" I asked.

"My sister asked me to babysit last-minute at like, nine and that boy did not want to sit down or sleep at all. She finally picked him up at three this morning and I'm just exhausted." She groaned. "What'd you do this weekend, I didn't hear from you at all."

A small smile crept up on my face and I turned around, taking out my camera to hide the smile and now deep blush that was starting to appear on my face too.

"What did you do or say who did you do?"

"Well I'm not single anymore, I'm officially off the market now."

"WHAT! And you didn't bother to tell me? So you and Ryan are now a thing?"

I smiled nodding my head. "Yeah and I'm really happy again."

"Well that's all that matters and I'm happy for you, Bri." Emilee smiled. "So, did you get any action from him?"

"Emilee!"

She laughed her ass off as she got up from her desk and walked towards the back of the studio.

"If she wasn't a close and dear friend to me, I'd kick her butt and fire her." I thought to myself, smiling.

Around noon we had a fairly good amount of photography sessions and I felt like I was going to scream from all the added stress. I was already on my sixth client and it just so happened to be a family with young children, who were in no mood to have their pictures taken.

Emilee just finished up with a young girl getting senior portraits done and came over, lending me a hand. She got the kids to settle down, which the mother and I both thanked her for, and got on to taking the pictures. Ten minutes later I was done with them and I was in dire need of a lunch break.

"My ass got kicked by a bunch of three-year-olds." I sighed, taking a seat at my desk.

"Not to bitch or anything, but I'm gonna, why do parents set up appointments like that on Mondays, to begin with?"

"You realize we're a part of that too, right?"

"Yeah, but still can't they give us a break?" She joked. "Anyway what should we get for lunch?"

"Let's close up for a break and sit down to eat," I said, grabbing the keys.

"Good idea."

Emilee and I both grabbed our bags and headed out after locking the door behind us and got into my car, driving off to a small local diner. We pulled into the parking lot and got out, going inside and taking a seat at the counter.

"Be honest with me and I need to know, but did you and Ryan, ya know?" Emilee smirked.

"We slept in the same bed, but nothing happened. We woke up the next morning and got breakfast at Denny's and had dinner with his friends and their girlfriends at Applebee's later in the evening."

"Were they nice to you? The girlfriends I mean."

"Yeah, very nice. I think you should meet them the next time I'm with them or something."

"Sounds like a date." Emilee smiled.

We ordered our food and talked about upcoming sessions with people and Emilee complaining about how her boyfriend keeps leaving his work shoes in the middle of the hallway. Even though I was paying attention to Emilee's story, my mind kept taking me back to Ryan. It wasn't healthy that I was thinking about my boyfriend this much, am I sick?

"Brianne!" Emilee snapped her fingers in my face.

"What?"

"Are you okay today?" She asked, feeling my forehead.

"Do you think I went too fast with Ryan?"

"What do you mean, doll?"

"Am I rushing myself into a relationship too soon?"

"It's been how long since you and dickhead broke up? And Brianne, you met someone who makes you extremely happy, treats you with so much respect, and cares about you, you deserve to be happy with Ryan and the same goes for him."

I guess Emilee was right, I was a lot happier now that Ryan was in my life and things couldn't be better. Since being in a healthy, respectful relationship I wake up in a better mood, I feel more confident about myself and I don't feel like I have to walk on eggshells with Ryan. We just click and get each other.

"You're right, I mean ever since Ryan and I got together it just feels like everything's in the right place, ya know?"

Emilee smiled, nodding her head. "I know exactly where you're coming from."

Maybe Ryan was my missing puzzle piece and I was his missing piece.