Jack G Imagine for Lizzy

Everyday at school, I would get bullied. It was constant screaming and yelling at you, pushing and shoving you into everyone and everything. I just don't think people like me all that much. I don't even know why.

I don't think those people have realized that it hurts me and that I do things to myself. I do things that normal teenage girls shouldn't do. You know what it is?

Cutting.

I don't know why I do it. One day, I was just curious of why people would do it and I tried it. It hurt so much and I promised myself never to do it again.

That's until people actually started to bully me. I feel like that was the only thing that could help me feel better. So, I kept doing it.

Lately though, I've become friends with this kid names Jack. He has been with me through it all. He sticks up to the bullies with me and comforts me. I have been clean for about 6 months now because of him.

One day, Jack wasn't at school. That didn't bother me. I wasn't expecting him to come to school everyday just for me. I understood.

But today was different. Today, it seemed like since Jack wasn't here, they could do whatever they wanted to me. And that was what I was afraid of.

The whole day was just constant pushing and shoving and screaming at me. They were insulting me more than usual. They were saying personal things about me and I couldn't take it.

But as I was walking home, it all got worse.

"Hey, Lizzy!" I heard someone behind me shout.

I knew that voice, but I had to make sure. I turned around and right behind me was the boy who bullied me the most. Jordan.

As soon as I saw him and his group of friends, I turned around and walked a little bit faster.

"Lizzy! Don't you dare ignore us!" Jordan shouted a little louder and more demanding this time. But I had to stay strong.

I walked all the bit more faster and I held onto the strap of my backpack really tight.

All of a sudden, I felt a tug at my wrist and I spun around to face him again.

"I said not to ignore us. So you know what you get for that?" He said, tears starting to come down my face.

"Just... Leave me alone." I said quietly, trying to escape from his grip.

His friends and him started laughing. He took a blade out of his pocket and threw it at me.

"Try to hit a vein next time!" They said, walking away.

I looked at the vein for a while, deciding to leave it there and run home. I ran as fast as I could and barges into my home.

I threw my backpack down on the ground and ran upstairs. Just as I was doing that, the phone rang.

Jack...

I let it go to voicemail as I listened to what he said.

"Hey Lizzy! Just calling to let you know I'm almost at your house so we can go roller skating like we promised! I'll be there in 5 minutes!"

Oh god... I totally forgot. I have five minutes to carry out my plan and make sure Jack doesn't know.

I ran to the bathroom and locked the door, just in case he came in. I opened the drawer with all of my blades in it and pulled out a fresh one.

"I'm sorry Jack..."

I put it to my wrist and pushed down. I scraped it across my arm, leaving a fresh line of blood on my arm.

Just then, I heard the doorbell ring. I'm assuming it was Jack so I went faster.

I started to do more cuts, up and down my arm, crying out in pain. Do they know this is what they do to me?

"Lizzy? Are you home? Your lights are on so I'm guessing to are!" He said, opening the door and coming in.

I couldn't take it anymore. I screamed out in pain. I heard footsteps running up the stairs, but I continued to cut and scream and cry.

"Lizzy!" Jack screamed, pounding on the door. "Let me in! Right now!"

I didn't do anything. I just kept cutting. Finally, the hinges on the door broke and Jack came bursting in, looking between me and the blade.

"Lizzy..." He said quietly. "Please don't tell me..." It was then that he saw my wrist and I could see a tear in his eye.

"Please...Jack...go away." I said, in between deep breaths and cries.

He sat down and hugged me. He pulled me as close as we could get and I just say there in his arms crying. It felt good.

After awhile, we got up and he flushed the blade down the toilet. He then went to the sink and helped me clean my wrists.

"I'm sorry, Jack." I said, looking down at the ground. "They were just so rude to me today."

"It's ok, Lizzy. I love you." He said, looking straight into my eyes.

I looked up at him. "I love you too." I said, putting my arms around him.

And what did he do?

He kissed me.