A New Start

Scott Lang and Elizabeth Rogers were walking along with sidewalk next to a river. They were chatting quietly, being good friends. Elizabeth was there to make sure that Scott stayed in line, as she was the only one who could get the guards at his jail to let him out with her. Scott had gotten into trouble again and was in jail for a few months. He was almost ready to be released and Elizabeth was to stay with him until he straightened out.

    Elizabeth had met Hank Pym and his daughter, Hope. They were both nice people, but Darren Cross seemed like he was someone who didn't want to be messed with. And that was a fact. The whole thing was turning sour, in Elizabeth's mind. She knew Hank Pym's other identity, knew of what he was hiding. And Hank had told her after she confronted him about this, while Hope was at work with Cross. They had agreed to get Scott Lang out of prison and to Hank's home to break in and steal a suit. The Ant-Man suit. Of course, Scott knew nothing of this yet.

    "So, Liz, what were you planning on doing once I get released?" Scott asked his friend.

    "Go with you. Your friends aren't too crazy, are they?" Elizabeth asked.

    "You're coming with me?"

    "Well, I need to keep an eye on you, don't I? Where would you be without me?"

    "In jail."

    "Exactly. You need me to keep you out of jail."

    "Fine."

    The two of them stopped talking and merely walked alongside each other. There was no awkward silence between them. There rarely was. Eventually, they had to return to the jail and Elizabeth waved at him.

    "Stay out of trouble, if that's not too hard for you," she warned.

    Scott gave her a two-finger salute.

    "Yes, ma'am," he mocked.

    She rolled her eyes and walked out.

    "Travel safely, Mrs. Mallard," the guard said.

    Elizabeth nodded. She had changed her name and identity to 'Mrs. Lilac Mallard. Mother of two and wife of Henry Mallard.' Of course, this was all made up. She had said that Scott Lang was her brother. And thankfully, the story was bought. She walked to her car and got in, headed for the house that she had been given permission to use. Hank Pym's mansion.

    She walked downstairs and opened the safe, quickly getting past all the locks and combinations. She opened it all up and saw that the suit was safe and sound on the table. So she set up a video camera so that Hank could see what happened in the room, smiling at the camera once it was set up.

    "Okay, suit in position and camera rolling," Elizabeth said into her earpiece. "Anything else you want me to do?"

    "Not yet. We just need to make sure that Scott knows about the safe," Hank told her.

    She nodded and left the room, resetting everything before she went to her room on the second floor. She shut the door and got ready for bed, closing the curtains and falling asleep.