Shopping and Moving In

The next morning, she woke up early and got showered and dressed. She got ready for the day and headed up to the communal living area, surprised to see the Jedi already there. They were still wearing their Jedi robes and she mentally face palmed herself. They would need to get regular clothes and different names if they were to fit in here.

    "Morning," she greeted, walking over.

    "Morning. I would make something to eat but I'm not entirely sure how to work these things," Qui-Gon said back.

    She giggled and made her way over. She started to get to work, quickly making a nice breakfast of eggs, bacon, toast, pancakes, and sausage. She pulled out the orange juice and milk and set the table quickly. They were surprised how easily she moved about the kitchen.

    "After we eat, we are going to get you something more casual to wear. You can't walk around dressed as Jedi. People will think you've lost your minds," Elizabeth said, not looking at them as she finished setting the table and sitting down. "And you'll have to get new names. Now, get over here."

    They obeyed, sitting down and eating. They were glad to find that the food was very good and Anakin, being the little kid he was inside, started to scarf down his food before going for more.

    "This is amazing. Thanks," he said to the girl next to him.

    "You're welcome," she replied, watching him with amusement.

    After breakfast, Elizabeth went back to her room to grab the credit card Tony had given her. She took her purse and put her phone in it before going to meet the others. They left and took one of Tony's private cars. They arrived at the mall and they stepped out. People milled around and looked at them.

    "Mommy, look! It's the Jedi Assassin!" a little boy screeched.

    People stopped in their tracks at the boy's shouts. All heads turned to the group of four and, while the Jedi were uncomfortable, Elizabeth wasn't at all fazed by the attention. She grabbed Obi-Wan and dragged him to a store, the other two having no choice but to follow.

    "Excuse me," a little girl said, coming up to her. "Can you sign my book?"

    Elizabeth crouched down and gently took the book and pen from her. She signed it neatly and handed it back. The girl smiled widely and hugged her, her returning it before racing back to her mother. Other people started to crowd around and she greeted them all. The Jedi didn't really know what to do and followed her around. Eventually, they got away from the crowd and to the store they had been heading to.

    "You seem to be famous," Obi-Wan said.

    "All the Avengers are famous," she answered.

    She led them to the men's section of the store and set them loose. They were confused but she merely told them to pick out some outfits. They knew they had to if they wanted to blend in and decided to see what they could find. After a few hours, during which Elizabeth listened to music, they came out with a pile of clothes and a few pairs of shoes. Elizabeth nodded approval and they went to the front counter. When the woman saw who was there, she smiled.

    "You get it all free, dear," she said sweetly.

    "Oh no you don't. You get paid. Now, do it," Elizabeth said, handing her the card.

    She reluctantly took it and paid for everything. The total cost was over two hundred. Elizabeth didn't really care. She knew Tony could afford it all and she helped carry the bags.

    "It would be easier if we just use the Force to carry these," Anakin whined.

    "If you were a regular person and you were walking along, what would you do if you saw bags floating in midair?" Elizabeth asked.

    "I would freak out," Anakin replied.

    Elizabeth nodded and Anakin sighed. It was close to the afternoon and so they went to get lunch from BoomBozz Pizzeria. They enjoyed the meal and quickly left to the car. Elizabeth had her head down to avoid attention. They reached the car and got in.

    "When we get home, you need to get into something different," Elizabeth instructed.

    They nodded and chatted as they headed back. When they got back, they found the other Avengers hanging out on the communal floor.

    "What's going on here?" Tony asked, looking at the three Jedi. "Why are they in my house?"

    "Well, it's more of a Tower. And they're here because the Force brought them here. Qui-Gon, he's my father," Elizabeth said.

    There was dead silence and then Steve exploded.

    "What?!" he shouted. "What do you mean, he's your father?! I'm your father!"

    "Steve, calm down," Natasha said. "Shouting isn't going to help."

    Steve sighed and looked at his daughter. He felt betrayed and upset.

    "Why didn't he tell anyone?"

    "Would you have believed that a Jedi was my father?"

    "No."

    "There's your answer why," Elizabeth told him, folding her arms.

    Steve walked over and hugged her tightly. She returned it and closed her eyes.

    "I'm sorry. I just overreacted. It's just hard to let go after nineteen years of taking care of you. No matter what happens, where you go, what you do, you will always be my daughter," he whispered.

    "And you will always be our sister and fellow Avenger," Tony said seriously.

    "You guys are the best. Oh, Tony. I was wondering if they could share a floor," she said, gesturing to the Jedi.

    Tony was surprised but he agreed. Elizabeth smiled and hugged him. Everyone was taken by surprise. No one had hugged Tony but he seemed happy. He returned the hug and smiled. He let her go and started making plans to have the floor underneath her's to be made up for the Jedi. Speaking of said Jedi, they went and changed into something more casual.

    "That's better," Elizabeth said when she saw them.

    "It's very different," Anakin replied.    

    Everyone laughed and settled in. This was going to be a very interesting experience, having three Jedi in the Tower.