Change of Heart

Elizabeth hadn't meant to fall asleep and when she did, she was in a room she didn't recognize. She tried to sit up only to find that she was strapped down. A door opened behind her and she twisted her head to find Ultron in a more advanced body, Wanda and Pietro following, looking unsure.

"Well, you're awake," Ultron said.

"Good observation, Sherlock," Elizabeth retorted sarcastically. "Of course I'm awake! Anyone with eyes could tell that!"

Ultron didn't do anything for a second before he hit Elizabeth hard in the face, his hand cutting her face. Wanda gasped and bit her lip. Ultron smirked at the girl before him.

"You will learn to keep your mouth shut, girl," he hissed.

"You can try," Elizabeth replied, spitting out blood.

Ultron was about to punch her when scarlet magic wrapped around him. Wanda was crying silently, Pietro holding her. Her hands were outstretched and she pulled him away from her friend.

"Please don't hurt her. She's our friend," Wanda whispered.

"Friends? Friends?! I thought that we were friends but you chose HYDRA over our friendship! You are not my friends anymore! You lost that! You were fighting my team and myself! That is not the definition of the word 'friend'! You are now my enemies if you're working with this hunk of metal with no heart whatsoever and who will destroy the world the first chance he gets!" Elizabeth shouted.

By now, Pietro was crying as well. Ultron was angry at both Elizabeth and Wanda.

"You dare call me a 'hunk of metal'?!" he yelled.

"Yes, I do dare! You attacked me and my family! You want us extinct! That includes me! You want me dead so why am I still alive?!" Elizabeth spat back.

"You are going to join me," Ultron said, forcing himself to be calm.

"No way on heaven and earth are you getting me to join you," Elizabeth snapped at him.

Wanda used her magic to move Ultron out of the room before more damage could be done. Elizabeth concentrated on the Force and used it to break free. She jumped up off the table and looked around. Wanda grabbed her by the arms and pulled her back.

"Please, let us explain," she said desperately.

"I'm not listening to anything you have to say!" Elizabeth snapped back, whipping around.

She stopped when she saw their faces. They were full of regret, sadness, and self-hatred. She frowned and tilted her head to the side, silently telling them to talk.

"We thought that HYDRA would make the world a better place. We didn't know you left. You said you were but we didn't think you would actually leave. We found out that HYDRA wanted to destroy the world but there was little to nothing we could do. We managed to get out but we got caught up with Ultron. It's all because of Tony Stark," Wanda started.

"We were ten, eating dinner, the four of us. When the first shell hits, two floors below, it makes a hole in the floor. Our parents go in. I grab her, roll under the bed and the second shell hits. But it doesn't go off. It just sits there in the rubble, three feet from out faces. And on the side of the shell was painted one word," Pietro interjected.

"Stark," Wanda said. "Every shift in the bricks I think, "This will set it off." We wait for two days for Tony Stark to kill us."

"That wasn't his fault. He made the weapons but he didn't fire them. He was captured and his captors launched them. Just forgive him. It's in the past. You can't let it hold you back. You can't change it and joining Ultron will only make it worse," Elizabeth reasoned.

They were silent for a few minutes before nodding.

"Can we go with you?" Wanda asked.

"First off, where are we? And second off, yes," Elizabeth agreed.

"We are in Sokovia, in Ultron's base. We can help you get out of here," Pietro told her.

He picked up both girls and raced off, straight past all the robots so fast they didn't know what happened. They bolted out the door and ran off.