Attack

~ Nineteen years later (set before the attack by Loki) ~

    "Father, I'm going out to the park," Elizabeth called out, swinging her purse over her shoulder.

    "Be careful, Lizzy," Steve Rogers, Captain America, replied.

    "You tell me that every time I go out somewhere, Father. You've trained me to protect myself. I'm gonna swing by the grocery store on the way back," she told him, exasperated.

    "I know, sweetheart. I just want my little girl to be safe, that's all."

    Elizabeth smiled at her father. She knew that he had taken her in and had never found out who her real parents were, but she didn't mind. After all, who else had the opportunity to be the daughter of Captain America, a legendary hero? They loved each other and cared very much about the other's wellbeing. Steve had watched as his little girl had grown up and become as strong as him, even without the Super Soldier serum.

    She was tall for her age, making her look older. Black hair fell to her waist, the top half pulled up in its usual style. She had a natural beauty to her that no other being could compare with. Her lips were a light pink and her blue eyes had a sparkle that nothing seemed to be able to put out. Her face was a slight heart shape and her features fit perfectly. There seemed to be a permanent smile on her lips and a spring in her steps, but if someone made her angry, all that changed in a split second. She was slender but fast and strong. She was also very smart. She had figured out that she could control the elements (water, air, fire, earth, ice, weather, temperature, air pressure, electricity), thanks to HYDRA who had kidnapped her and experimented on her for about two years, and something similar to the Force in the Star Wars movies. Little did she know that she use it. She had been trained to look over her shoulder and her senses had been heightened by her training with her father.

    "See you soon, Father," she said, kissing his cheek.

    Steve waved as his daughter left the house and strode off down the street, a natural sashay to her hips as she walked. He smiled and closed the door, knowing that she'd be fine. He had trained her for years and still did to make sure she was ready for anything. He closed the door and went into the kitchen to get a glass of water.

    Meanwhile, Elizabeth was wandering around in Central Park, listening to the birds as they flew overhead. Not paying attention, she ran into someone and fell back. Looking up, she saw a man with dark hair and a glowing blue circle in his chest who smiled at her. She stood up and brushed the dust off her blue jeans, straightening her purple shirt.

    "Sorry, sir," she said politely.

    "Don't worry about it," the man replied. "I'm Tony Stark. Who are you?"

    "I am Elizabeth Rogers, daughter of Captain America. You can call me any nickname you get from Elizabeth. My father calls me Lizzy," she answered.

    "Daughter of Captain America," he mused. "You sure? You don't look to be one for strength."

    "You'd be surprised, Mr. Stark."

    "Tony, give the girl a break," a new voice, this time female, cut in.

    A red head woman dressed in black came up, followed by a man with blondish hair with the man wearing regular clothes.

    "I'm Natasha Romanoff, but you can call me Nat," the woman said. "This is Clint Barton, also known as Hawkeye. My code name is Black Widow," she said as she gestured to the man.

    "Nice to meet you," Elizabeth said.

    "I heard you're the daughter of Captain America?" Clint asked.