Chapter 15

*Hunter's POV*

I held Stacey's hand and rubbed the back of it with my thumb. I could tell she was still slightly crying and I was mad at Shay. He knows Stacey would have been mad. "I have to go perform." I kissed her nose. 

I walked off backstage and was handed my guitar. "Good luck man." Luke patted my back after his performance. They presented two awards and took a quick break. After the break I got set on stage and the lights on the stage went on. The crowd cheered and I started to sing 'I Want Crazy."

***
Minutes later I was done and back stage again. "That was good Hunter." Brad and Jason went on stage to present the award for best song. I fixed my hair then join Stacey back at our seats.

"For best song:
Luke Bryan Play It Again
Hunter Hayes Invisible
Rascal Flats Rewind
Carrie Underwood and Miranda Lambert Something bad."

Jason opened the envelope up and looked out over the crowd. I could tell Stacey had her fingers crossed. "And the winner is. Hunter hayes!" I stood up and So did Stacey. I hugged her tightly and walked on stage.

"Thank you guys all so much. Thank you to my supportive fans. You guys have been here for me through everything. This goes out to you guys!" I walked off stage and backstage.

"Congrats." Jason told me.

"Thanks guys." I smiled and turned to see Shay.

"Can we talk?" he asked me.

"Can it wait?" I asked him.

"Fine."

"And I think you should talk to Stacey first." I walked off to find Stacey, sitting all alone at out seats.

"Congrats hun!" she hugged me tightly.

"Thank you beautiful." I say beside her and we finished the show. "Want to go to the after party?" I asked Stacey. Before she could answer Shay walked over to us, followed by Gracelyn and Dan.

"What do you want?" Stacey crossed her arms.

"Can we um talk?" He scratched the back of his head.

"I guess."

*Shay's POV*

Stacey and I walked to a private area. "What is this about?" She looked at me with pain written on her face.

"I know you hate me. I know I betrayed you. Stacey, I wouldn't do anything to hurt you in anyway intentionally. People cannot help their feelings." I sighed "I love you, Stacey. You're like a little sister to me. I would never do anything intentional to make you angry. You know that. At least now you can be happy with Hunter without Gracelyn interfering."

"Shay, you noticed how much of a bitch Gracelyn is. But yet, you're with her now." She shouted at me. "Haven't you thought that maybe she is just using you to separate Hunter and I! to get under my skin!" A lot of people were staring at us now.

"I'm sorry!" I grabbed her arm and dragged her out of the back door. "I'm sorry Stacey! I like her, I do. I'll admit that. Yeah, maybe she could just be using me, but I'll be the one hurt in the end if she is! I know she is a big jerk. Can you try to give her a chance?" I asked her.

"No. I've tried to be nice to her, but she has tried her hardest to ruin my life. Do whatever you want Shay." she pushed me out of her way and back inside. I sighed and watched her.

"Stacey." I grabbed her arm before she got completely inside.

"What!?" she snapped at me.

"Please don't be mad at me." She rolled her eyes, annoyed. "I'm sorry."