Chapter 14

*Stacey's POV*

"Can I see now?" I begged Hunter after getting a shower. Today was the day of the CMT awards and Hunter keeps dragging out the showing me of the dress he got me.

"Calm down." He laughed and pulled a box from his closet. I opened it and smiled.

"It's beautiful."

"Just like you. Go get ready. I have to get ready." I ran off to the bathroom and slipped on the dress. It is a strapless, black dress and falls just above the knees. It hugs me at the top, but flows out from the waist down. I put on the black heels and put light beach curls in my hair. I did may makeup naturally to bring out my blue eyes.

I walked back into Hunter's room and was amazed. I mean I've seen him on TV dressed up, but in person. Woah. He has on a white button up, with a light blue blazer on and blue pants to match the blazer. His hair was in his normal quiff. "Handsome." I smiled.

"You look as beautiful as ever." He walked over to me and interlocked his hands with mine. I blushed and looked up at him. He took off his cross necklace and put it around my neck. This boot clashes with this dress and these crutches.

Hunter helped me down the steps and his mom tooks pictures. "Mom stop." He laughed.

"Okay, you two have a fun evening." They hugged and Hunter led me out to the car. He helped me in and walked over to the drivers side. He started the car and headed off. I turned up the radio and started to sing a long to Luke Bryan. I heard Hunter laugh beside me, but I continued to sing.

"Ok come on." He parked the car and helped me out.

"Thank you." He handed me my crutches and we walked down the red carpet. Cameras were flashing, paps where asking questions, You could hear the fans screaming. It was very weird. I stayed as close as possible to Hunter. We posed for a picture at the end of the carpet. "You okay?" Hunter whispered to me.

"Yeah, it's just all new to me and weird. I'm fine." We walked inside and I was amazed. Seats were reserved for country artist and then fans were coming in and sitting down. Hunter led me to our seats and I was surprised. So many celebrities sitting around me. Little Big town behind us, Luke Bryan on the other side of me, Jason Aldean, and Carrie Underwood and Miranda Lambert in front of us. "I get to meet all these singers." I was in shock.

"Hey Hunter." I turned and saw Luke Bryan standing there, having an everyday conversation with Hunter. "This must be Stacey, the girlfriend I may ask?"

"Yes." Hunter intertwined his fingers with mine and I stood by his side. I just stood there, with my jaw hanging open. Wow, I must look like an idiot. Hunter nudged my side and I came back to reality.

"H- hi." I said, nervous.

"Hi." He hugged me tightly. I relaxed some and smiled.

"I love your Music Luke."

"Well Thank you. She's a keeper Hunter." Luke winked. "I'll talk to you guys later." Luke walked off and I smiled.

"Stacey!" I turned and saw Shay. He walked over to me and pulled me into a big hug.

"Hi! How has your time off been?"

"Good." I agreed. I saw Gracelyn standing with Dan in the back. "Can we talk?"

"Yeah, sure. What is it?" He grabbed my hand and pulled me away from the others. "Is something wrong?" I looked at him very confused.

"I need to tell you something. You may not be to happy." I looked at him. "I don't know how to say it. So i'm just gonna say it." I nodded my head, indicating for him to continue. "Well you know that day before we had this break?" I nodded. "Um, well Gracelyn and I started to talk and stuff."

"You wouldn't." I said, knowing where he was going with this.

"Her and I are together now."

"Why Shay?! Why would you do that to me! I thought you were my best friend!" I shouted at him and ran off. I pushed past Hunter who tried to grab me. I ran into an empty hallway and slide down the wall. I hide my face into the palm of my hands and cried.

*Dan's POV*

"What happened?" Hunter asked Shay. I stood beside Shay and Gracelyn. Danielle took her seat, mostly because she didn't want to be apart of this conversation.

"Gracelyn and I are together now." Shay told Hunter.

"And you thought out of all nights, that tonight would be the best night to tell Stacey?" Hunter shouted at Shay. I walked off and looked for Stacey. I opened a door and heard her sobs. I joined her on the floor and rubbed her back.

"Why'd he do it?" she looked at me with we tear filled eyes.

"You know he didn't mean to do it to hurt you. You can't control your feelings for someone." I hugged her.

"He still did it. His best friends enemy."

"Do you think you and Gracelyn could try and be friends?" I suggested, already knowing the answer to it. "Sorry, just trying to help."

"I want to go back to the hotel."

"Stay and support Hunter. He'll want you here," she sighed. I stood up and helped her up. I wiped her smeared make-up and the dried tears.

I opened the door for her and led her too her seat. Hunter pulled her into a tight hug and we all took our seats. The show was about to start.