Chapter 3

*Stacey's POV*

"It all started when I was about 14. Well my mom got remarried, to my step dad. and well my stepdad I guess he felt like I was competition because I was really close to my mom and stuff. He would abuse me, bully me, and I wasn't great at making friends anyways. So well I never grew up with friends, that's why I was pretty close to my mom. He would tell me I was worthless, then once I got in the 8th grade kids at school started with me and would bully me and shit. Well the bruises came from my step dad and some kids at school. and I've tried killing myself a couple of times, but my step dad would never let me." I sighed and looked down at my hands.

"Oh my god, Stacey. I'm so sorry. Trust me, I won't be like them. You're not invisible and someone needs to show you that." Hunter grabbed my hand and ran his thumb against the back of it. He used his other hand to examine the bruises.

"Hunter?" a girl walked in. "Who's this?" she looked me up and down.

"Gracelyn this is Stacey, Stacey my best friend Gracelyn." Hunter introduced us.

"What the hell is she doing here?" Wow, you can feel the tension in here.

"Gracelyn, she is a fan I met and needed someone to talk to. No need to be jealous." Hunter smiled.

She rolled her eyes and walked to the back of the bus. "I guess you two are more than just best friends?" I asked him.

"No. She's my bestfriend, but she always feels like I'm going to replace her with someone else."

"So, she hates me. Just like everyone else does, great.." I stood up and walked toward the bus door. "No need to feel sorry for me Hunter. I'm sorry to dump my hateful life on you. Have fun on tour." I told him and walked off. I heard foot steps behind me and I sighed.

"I don't feel sorry for you. I want to help you and show you that people do care about you." Hunter stopped me in my tracks. "No one deserves a life like that."

"I'll let you, but you can't when on tour. I'll be at home with all the shit and you'll be on tour living the best life ever." I started to cry. He pulled me into a hug.

"We'll make it work somehow or someway. I'll show you that you belong here." He whispered in my ear.

"Thank you." I pulled out of the hug. "I got to go." I walked off and went to the hotel. I heard him sigh as I was leaving. Once at the hotel I sat on my bed and starred at the wall.

I opened up Twitter and sent a quick tweet.

@_Its_Haribo_: Thanks to @HunterHayes for being there for me.

I sent the tweet to my total of like 10 followers. Wow. I tweeted the picture of Me, Dan, and Shay.

@DanAndShay followed you.

The notifaction came through and I smiled a little. They noticed me, they followed me. I shut off my phone and clicked off the light. I laid down and it took me awhile to fall asleep. I slept okay through out the night once I did fall asleep.

Having dreams and nightmares here and there. I finally shot up, sweating through my shorts. I got up and turned on the ceiling fan and plugged up my phone. I played some music and tried to fall back asleep.

About an hour later I was finally asleep, but then woken up by my alarm. Gah, it's now 10 in the morning. I barely got sleep last night and now I have no one else to talk to. I sighed and decided to get a nice hot shower. I turned on the water and just stood under it for a while, thinking about life.

*Hunter's POV*

I sat ony my bus, with Gracelyn, eating breakfast in silence. "So who was that chick last night and why was she here?" Gracelyn groaned finally breaking the silence.

"She was a friend and really needed someone to talk to. I was there for her when no one else was." I looked at her.

"Well never talk to her again. K?" I rolled my eyes and stood up. I went to the back off the bus and shut the door. I sat on the sofa and looked out the back window on the bus. I checked my phone hoping Stacey would have texted me this morning, but nothing. I didn't want to seem like a bother and keep texting her. I ran my thumbs over the keys and decided I should text her and check up on her. We still have a while left until we get to North Carolina.

To Stacey:
Hey, how are things this morning?

I turned on the TV and used it as background noise. I sighed and waited and waited for a text back. Eventually a hour later she texted back. She said she was in the shower and that she was fine. We held a conversation for the next hour about her and how she slept.

I wish I could help her, I really do. She told me she would be going back home in 2 days, but really didn't want to. I learned a lot about her over the past hour.

Like her favorite color is Lime Green, she likes to play soccer and softball, she's a pure country girl, etc. I wanted to ask her to come to the showing in North Carolina and hang backstage with us. So I could help her and talk to her more.

*Hours later*

It was my time and I put my phone down. I would out on stage and started to sing Wild Card, then the rest of my songs. Finishing off with I Want Crazy. "Thank you all for coming out!" I shouted and the crowd went crazy. I waved and ran off the stage.

From Stacey:
I'm going home today. I have to face it soon or later and I might as well now. I thought I should tell you.

She can't be going home. She will jsut go back to being invisible. I read the text over and over. "Hunter what's wrong?" Danielle sat beside me.

"That girl from yesterday, she has a jacked up life and she's going back to her life today." I sighed.

"Everything will be okay." She patted my back and walked off. I hope it will be. I hope everything works out for her. I got up and went out back to the buses.