"RENEE HALLARD! PLEASE REPORT TO THE PRINCIPAL'S OFFICE IMMEDIATELY!" The monotous voice of Miss Shirley, the principal's secretary, filled the hallway instantly drawing back all the attention to me.

I swear if I see my mother in that office I am going to lose it.

My converse padded softly across the worn out carpet of Mr. Ambrose's office, with all the money they got from school fundraisers I would've thought he would at least buy a new carpet.

"Renee, my favorite student, how are you doing?" he asked motioning for me to sit down and I did, once I was certain that my mother wasn't anywhere in the vicinity.

"I'm fine sir, if I may ask why did you call me here?"

"Well, Renee I like you, I really do but lately you've been out of line. Missing Spanish class, attending class late and hungover, don't worry I won't tell, God knows if I do I won't have any students left to teach but because I like you, I turned a blind eye towards all of that. But what you did on Friday night at the Breddington game just crossed the line, I have parents calling saying that such behavior deserves an expulsion-"

I stopped listening after that. An expulsion are they fucking serious. Acting like they didn't do so much worse to have their annoying children, like what the hell is their problem. This is what annoys me.

"-I've asked Miss Shirley to show you the way there, I know you're not familiar with trouble so I don't blame you. Sometimes good people just snap, but I hope you'll be back to normal soon, I really don't want to have to call your mother," he said smiling as he stood up to open the door.

"Wait, you're not expelling me?"

"Of course not, like I said you're one of the few students who makes my job bearable, if I let you go, I will lose my mind and plus I was a bit of a rebel myself back in the day. Senior year is stressful for everyone," he smiled again before literally pushing me out of his office and leaving me in utter shock. I mean Mr Ambrose was cool and everything but I just couldn't picture his lanky frame at a party with a bottle of jack in his hand, or a bottle of anything for that matter.

"This way," Miss Shirley glared at me through her bifocals before getting up and leading the way to the detention room. No, I wasn't super good to the point where I didn't know the location of the detention room, I just wanted to disturb Miss Shirley a little bit, show her how I've been feeling all fucking day.

"Enjoy!" She lifelessly said before mopping away. I swear she is a living zombie, I know that's like super contradictory but she is!

I contemplated sciving detention but my mother's face popped up in my head and I instantly walked into the room of horrors. There weren't too many people but I knew no one there and I just had to pretend I did when they all came up to me asking me questions like. "Oh my god are you lost?" Or "This is the detention room," and a bunch of other stupid remarks that I really wanted to ignore.

"Alright, Alright that's enough, I think you've bothered Miss Hallard quite enough," I groaned internally when Mr Stevenson's voice filled the room. Guess Aiden's plan didn't work then.

Everyone else moved to sit at the back while I just sat at the front, it's not like I was going to talk to anyone there so...besides I really wanted to be the first one out of that door immediately that detention bell rung.