*Promise*

Enjoy!

"What about this?" Maureen held up a dress that was probably shorter than my underwear.

"Yeah no," I replied and continued looking through her drawer for something to wear. When it came to partying outfits, she was the expert.

I mindlessly skimmed through the dresses in Maureen's closet, my thoughts drifting to my conversation earlier with Bryan. We both skipped assembly to go hung out at the Social Hub; the quaint little cafe provided the perfect setup for us to have a mini date without any interference. God, just thinking about him made me miss him all over again even though we were together like three hours ago.

"Yes, this is the one, it was literally made to be worn by Renee Hallard," I looked up at the black two piece she was holding. "You're so lucky you've got a nice body, like you could wear a trash bag and still look hot," she commented with a hint of jealousy in her voice.

"Nope that's definitely screaming Maureen Thorne," I replied trying to compliment her. It was obvious to anyone that Maureen was a tad bit jealous of me, sure I didn't mind but sometimes it got in the way of our friendship.

"Oh my gosh really? I should totally change," she squealed and changed for the hundredth time this evening. "You are such a fashion expert Rey," she gushed while struggling out of the glove-fitting dress she had previously worn.

"Maureen did you call the Uber yet?" I asked frowning at the completely see-through dress she tossed my way.

"No I forgot, be a darling and call one please," she replied, finally deciding to cooperate and get me something more covering.

*************************************

After about an hour, Maureen finally found something that I agreed to wear and in a few we were finally ready.

Our Uber was some guy named Bob who had a wife called Marley but hated reggae. He was an extremely chatty guy and I was super relieved when the familiar neighborhood came into view.

The music could be heard from like two blocks away and by the time we arrived the party was in full swing.

"Glad you could make it gorgeous," I heard Aiden behind me making me jump.

Before I could reply, Maureen jumped at Aiden. "Hey baby, did you miss me?" she purred in his ear.

"Come with me and I'll show you how much," he replied huskily and put his arm around her waist. With one wink at me he led a smiling Maureen away.

"They are perfect for each-" I started until I noticed that Angela had already been stolen by her boyfriend. Bloody great.

I had been to parties, heck I lived for them but in the right crowd not the crowd that would call you an alcoholic if you took more than three drinks and call you a slut for dirty dancing. The kind of crowd that was found at Breddington High, judgmental bastards.

I was hoping that tonight I could just relax with  Bryan unnoticed but all my plans flew out of the window when Mia, one of the hottest girls in Breddington announced my arrival to practically everyone.

"You look so hot Renee like oh my god why are you so fucking sexy," she shouted walking over to me in her six inch heels.

Mia was practically the Regina George of Breddington except the part where she wasn't the hottest, and I guess that's what made her despise me. Obviously she couldn't show it but everyone knew it, she practically loathed me but masqueraded it under a bunch of compliments and fake smiles. Was I still fake friends with her? Totally. Why? Because that's the sort of messed up shit that happens in high school.