Chapter 2: The Beginning of the End (EDITED)

When Will left my apartment I showered and began to get ready for the day. The warm water was so relaxing I nearly fell asleep again, only just catching myself as I began to nod off. Shutting the water off, I hopped out and got dressed in one of my super comfortable sweaters and jeans. I was a firm believer in comfort over anything else. I knew that I didn't always look the most fashionable, but for the most part I didn't care.

I stopped in front of the mirror and put on some mascara. I studied my appearance for a moment, thinking about how much I looked like my mom. We both shared the same untameable curly brown hair, light blue eyes,and straight nose. My dad passed down my very pale skin and tendency to freckle and burn instead of tan. Though, I'd admit, that was really the only thing that resembled my dad. Sometimes, I had to wonder if the fact that I resembled my mom so closely was one of the reasons he was so absent in my life.

Shaking myself out of my heavy thoughts, I left the bathroom and thought on toward the day. Today my first class was anatomy, and we were taking our final. I was a little apprehensive about it. I was pretty sure I'd do alright, but when it came to finals you never really know. I absolutely had to pass this test to pass the class, and this class was essential for my major. So, long story short, this was a big deal.

Becca, despite her earlier wish of not being woken up before noon, walked into the bathroom, presumably to get ready for her first day of finals too. She gave me a tight-lipped smile when she saw me, looking very irritated.

"Annalee, what were you doing with your crazy friend screaming at an ungodly hour this morning?" Becca turned her vibrant green eyes on me, glaring.

Immediately I gave her a deadpan look. "It's not like you came to check on me. Why do you care?"

She looked at me with concern marring her otherwise perfect face. "I knew it was Will, and I didn't want to interrupt. You know he's no good for you to date right? He's not good enough for you."

Surprise struck me at her words. "I would never think of dating him. He's just a friend. Besides, I think he's a wonderful person. I think he's good enough for just about anyone."

"I'm glad you see it that way. And I'm not so sure, but it's your opinion I guess." She turned away, grabbing her own makeup.

I mulled over her words and continued putting on mascara. I wasn't sure why she thought that, but he'd never been anything but kind to me. I put the matter aside and turned my thoughts to today. A thought suddenly occurred to me that made a wide smile cross my face. "Yes!"

Becca looked at me questioningly. "What?"

"After today, I officially don't ever have to deal with Alyssa again!" I did a little victory dance right there, ecstatic.

"Oh yeah. I forgot you had that whole feud thing with her. Well, good for you. Though if you ask me, you should probably just make up with her instead of avoid her."

Now it was my turn to glare. "Make up with her? She is the one who started this!"

All of this started on my first day of college when I was walking through the cafeteria, looking for something decent to eat. I grabbed a slice of pizza and went to sit in one of the unoccupied booths when this pretty sorority girl smacked right into me. She'd gotten the majority of the pizza sauce all over her nice, white blouse and blonde hair, then with a sneer marring her face, had the audacity to tell me that since I wasn't watching where I was going I should pay for her dry cleaning. She had been the one to hit me, so I refused. Since then, she'd made it her life's mission to make me miserable. She'd even gotten her sorority to help. They'd ruined my textbooks and those were expensive!