Chapter 21: Song Day

Marinette was trying her best not to hear her alarm clock this time. She was hoping for the fact that she would be late for school or better yet miss it completely. For today was Friday. The last day of the week that she had to perform her introduction song. Even though she had it all ready, she didn't want to even step foot in the school.

Marinette hid under her covers from her alarm. "No! Not today! Why can't it be tomorrow? Or next week? Or how about never? Yeah! I'm okay with never. Never works for me!"

All of a sudden, her covers were yanked off of her. "Hey!" Marinette looked at the end of her bed and saw Tikki in a red shoulder showing shirt, black pants and heels, and her red hair was up in a ponytail.

"Rise and shine! You can't sleep in today. You have that performance for school and that first performance with Cat Noir today," Tikki explained.

Marinette stared at Tikki with wide eyes and dilated pupils. Marinette fainted and fell backwards. Tikki leaned over to Marinette's head and started to lightly smack her cheek. "Marinette? Hello? Marinette!"

Marinette shot straight up so fast that it scared Tikki and made her fall down the stairs. Marinette covered her mouth in shock and crawled over to the edge of the bed and looked at Tikki. "Are you okay?" Tikki looked up and said as she stood up, "Yeah. I'm fine. But you need to get up."

Marinette started to walk down the stairs and groaned. "Can't I just pretend to be sick or something?" Marinette walked by Tikki to wash her face at her vanity table.

"No way! You have that introduction song and your first performance as Ladybug today! You can't just stay in bed!"

Marinette dried her face with a towel. She looked at herself in the mirror. "But...I'm terrified."

"What makes you so terrified?" Tikki walked up behind Marinette to share the mirror with her.

"Well to start, I'm so clumsy I'm scared I'll end up falling off the stage or on my face. Then my hands start shaking so much that I can't play any instruments right. But the scariest part of all is when I look into the crowd and see all of those judging eyes just peering down on me. Waiting for me to mess up."

Marinette looked down. Tikki looked at Marinette. "Hey. Have you ever heard of the 'fourth wall'?"

Marinette turned around to look at Tikki. "The what?"

"The fourth wall. Mostly actors use it when they act but you can use it too. It's when you imagine a wall right between you and the audience. Like you're not even being watched. Like you're in your own little world."

"That's sounds crazy."

"Would you rather do that or imagine everyone in their underwear?"

"Okay! Okay. I see your point. Thanks Tikki."

Marinette smiles her warm smile.

"Marinette! Are you up honey? You're going to be late for school!"

Marinette thought fast. "I'm up! I'll be right down!"

Marinette ran as fast as she could to get ready. She grabbed her bag and ran downstairs. "Bye Mom! Bye Dad!" Marinette ran out the door and to the school. She stepped right into class when the bell rang.

Out of breath, Marinette sat down in her seat. Madam B then came in. "Morning class." The class replied, "Morning."

"Can anyone tell me what day today is?"

"It's Friday," Marinette said quietly and regretfully.

"That's right! It's Friday. Which means...to the auditorium everyone!"