Chapter 13: Beat It

Kim pointed to the corner of the ceiling and shouted, "Hit it!" (Play now!)

Once the music started Kim started dancing to the beat. Every time there was a snare drum hit he did a quick pose. Alix looked up but then instantly regretted it when she saw what Kim was doing. She covered her eyes.

Chloe scoffed and looked away and back at Kim repeatedly. Kim then started singing.

They told him, "Don't you ever come around here.

Everyone was surprised at how he sounded.

Don't wanna see your face. You better disappear."

Marinette and Alya looked at each other in amazement. Alix peeked through her hands.

The fire's in their eyes and their words are really clear
So beat it, just beat it

Nino leaned over to Adrien. "Hey dude. Want to go back him up?" Adrien looked at Nino in surprise.

You better run, you better do what you can
Don't wanna see no blood, don't be a macho man

Adrien had never been to school before so he questioned Nino's suggestion. "Can we do that?"

You wanna be tough, better do what you can

Nino looked at Kim performing and then back at Adrien. "Only one way to find out." Nino grabbed Adrien by the arm and dragged him with him to the front.

So beat it, but you wanna be bad

Nino and Adrien ended up at microphones. They started to do their own choreography behind the microphones like they were Kim's back up singers. They sang "beat it" after every time Kim did and sang the chorus with him.

Just beat it, beat it, beat it, beat it
No one wants to be defeated
Showin' how funky strong is your fight
It doesn't matter who's wrong or right

Everyone started laughing. Even Madam B giggled.

Just beat it, beat it

Adrien and Nino started clapping to the beat and soon enough the whole class was clapping.

They're out to get you, better leave while you can
Don't wanna be a boy, you wanna be a man

Kim loved how he was pumping everyone up. Chloe was lightly clapping. Even though it wasn't much, Kim loved that she was joining in.

You wanna stay alive, better do what you can
So beat it, just beat it

Alya leaned over to Marinette. "Want to join the guys?" Marinette froze.

You have to show them that you're really not scared

The lyrics to the song at this point were a little ironic. She was scared and knew she couldn't help but show it.

You're playin' with your life, this ain't no truth or dare

Marinette looked at Alya with an expression that she always had when she got her stage fright.

They'll kick you, then they beat you, then they'll tell you it's fair

"You don't want to, right?" Marinette shook her head as fast as she could. Alya giggled. "Okay. We don't have to."

So beat it, but you wanna be bad

Marinette would love nothing more than to join the performance, but she was so terrified that she was sure that she would ruin it.

Just beat it, beat it, beat it, beat it
No one wants to be defeated

The irony of the song increased. Marinette felt defeated by her own fear.

Showin' how funky strong is your fight
It doesn't matter who's wrong or right

Marinette then took a deep breath and joined back in the clapping.

Just beat it, beat it, beat it, beat it
No one wants to be defeated

Marinette started laughing again. She was having fun.

Showin' how funky strong is your fight
It doesn't matter who's wrong or right

Alya watched her friend. She was having a blast.

Just beat it, beat it, beat it, beat it, beat it

There was a interlude and Kim started dancing again. Everyone was laughing even harder. It was amazing how into it he was getting.

Beat it, beat it, beat it, beat it
No one wants to be defeated

Marinette started dancing in her seat as she clapped.

Showin' how funky strong is your fight
It doesn't matter who's wrong or right

Alya looked back over at Marinette and noticed that she was singing along. Quietly, but surely.

Just beat it, beat it, beat it, beat it
No one wants to be defeated
Showin' how funky strong is your fight
It doesn't matter who's wrong or right

Adrien was having fun. Nino's suggestion was a great one. He was having a good time.

Just beat it, beat it, beat it, beat it

Adrien then heard someone else singing. It was almost silent but he had such good hearing that he could hear it. He had to have good hearing that way he could tell if he was out of key or not.

No one wants to be defeated
Showin' how funky strong is your fight
It doesn't matter who's wrong or right

He then looked at Marinette and saw her mouth moving. She was singing. Quietly, but surely.

Just beat it, beat it, beat it, beat it
No one wants to be defeated
Showin' how funky strong is your fight
It doesn't matter who's wrong or right

Kim, Adrien, and Nino started to fade out in their singing.

Just beat it, beat it
Beat it, beat it, beat it

The song ended and Kim took a bow. Then Adrien and Nino took a bow at the same time and went to go sit.

Madam B went up to Kim while wiping her eyes. She had laughed so hard that her eyes watered. "That was..." Madam B giggled a little and then continued. "Something else, Kim. Please take a seat."

Kim went to his seat celebrating quietly. The class laughed once more and then quieted down to look at Madam B.

"Okay. Anyone else want to volunteer?" No one move except for Sabrina. "I have a song!" Madam B smiled. "Well then be my guest and step right on up!" Madam B moved once Sabrina got to the front.

Chloe payed more attention to Sabrina than anyone else who had performed so far. Sabrina sighed. "Here we go."