Chapter 17: I Know It's Today

Alya nudged Marinette. "Look what I found when I was looking through my closet." Alya took out a book from her bag. It had "Memories" on the front of the dusty book. "No way!" Marinette took the book and laughed. Without thinking she sat down; stopping their search for Nathaniel.

"It's the photo book of our friendship! We started it ever since we met!" Marinette opened the book and flipped through a few of the pages before stopping. "Look!" She pointed at a picture that had her surround by Alya and her toys.

"That's when we would do our story time!" Marinette and Alya laughed. "You were obsessed with fairytales back then." Marinette looked at Alya with a playful smirk. "Who says that I'm still not obsessed?" The two laughed again.

"Do you remember how you would tell the stories though?" Alya asked. Marinette giggled. "We were like 5 or 6. Can you blame me?" Alya giggled at Marinette. "I think I can."

The two laughed again. Marinette could remember it all in her head. (Play now!)

YOUNG MARINETTE,
(Spoken)
Settle in girls. It's story time!

Alya would look around and say, "I'm the only one here."

(Sung)
There's a princess
In a tower

Marinette stopped to look at Alya.

Oh my gosh, that's just like me

She looked back at the book.

Poor Rapunzel
Needs a haircut
But the witch won't set her free
She passes time by singing

Marinette looked back at Alya.

Like someone else I know

She then looked back at the book.

As years go by she sits and waits?
As years go by'

Marinette looked up from the book and had a scared expression on her face when she looked at Alya.

Uh oh

Marinette looked at the book to keep reading.

A torturous existence

Marinette looked at Alya, still scared.

I don't remember this part!

Marinette looked back down at the book.

She wishes she were dead
Skip ahead skip ahead!

Marinette quickly flipped through the pages to get to the end. When she got there, Marinette smiled.

But in the end Rapunzel finds a millionaire
The prince is good at climbing and braiding golden hair!

Marinette closed the book and slowly put it against her chest. She then quickly look at her stairs.

So I know, he'll appear

Marinette put the book down and went to her stairs.

Cause there are rules and there are strictures

Marinette started to walk up the stairs but stopped right in the middle of them. She looked at Alya, who was watching her.