Chapter 9: Ladybug

Tikki snapped her fingers and a red spotlight with hints of black in it shown directly above Marinette. As soon as it hit Marinette, she tensed up and widened her eyes in shock.

When the light vanished, Marinette looked down at her feet and started walking backward in a tight circle. She then stopped and looked to her left and saw a full body mirror. She saw that her old, comfortable clothes were gone, and were replaced with a red cocktail dress with black spots in random places but they seemed to be in a specific order at the same time.

Marinette looked down at the mirror to look at her feet. She noticed black boots that had a good bit of heel to them, and a good bit of length too. They went all the way up to her thighs. Not a style that she usually liked, but she liked how it was in the mix. She then realized that there was a split on the left side of her cocktail dress. Marinette lifted the two sides and examined them for a short while.

She then looked back in the mirror, and made eye contact with a girl with a red black spotted mask on in it. She touched the mask delicately as if it was going to break by the slightest touch. She then noticed that her hair changed too. Instead of her signature pigtails, she was now looking at her hair in a side ponytail. A few whisps of hair framed her face. Marinette straightened one with her hand that was originally on the mask.

Her eyes then fell and looked at her hand, or more specifically, her finger nails. They were painted red. She then realized that she was wearing makeup. It wasn't much. She saw red lipstick and a little of mascara. She didn't even need any blush because she was still blushing from that moment she had with Adrien Agreste.

Was it okay to call it a moment? Did he even think that they had one? Did he like her? Marinette's thoughts only made her blush even more.

"Well," Tikki started. "This is Ladybug. How do you feel?"

"What just happened?"

"You said 'Spots On' and you transformed."

"This is what you meant by 'transform'?"

"Yeah. Do you like your outfit? I made it just for you."

Marinette looked at Tikki. "You made this?" Marinette asked her, gesturing to the dress. "Yes. I just snapped my fingers and made you a dress that came to mind. I also took in what I know about you."

Marinette looked back at the girl in the mirror. "You have pretty good taste." Tikki giggled. "Thanks. I can tell that you love the costumes as much as the music of the performances."

"How could you tell?" Marinette asked as she looked at Tikki again. "You made your purse right?" Marinette nodded. "Lucky guess I suppose." Tikki giggled at the irony she made.

"What do I do now?" Tikki was about to put a chocolate chip cookie in her mouth until she heard Marinette's question. She put the cookie down with a smile. "Well, Ladybug," Tikki began. She started to walk over to the girl in red as she continued saying, "you need to be a little more confident in yourself."

Tikki stopped in front of Ladybug. "What do you mean?" Tikki smiled. Tikki passed Ladybug and went to a chest that was against the wall next to a rack of costumes. "You said that you have stage fright, right?" Tikki asked as she rummaged through the chest. "Yes." Ladybug still had Marinette's nervousness.

Tikki turned around, gripped onto Ladybug's shoulders, and looked her straight in the eyes. "Do you love to sing?"

"What?"

"Do you love to sing? Write songs? Whatever you love about performing. Do you love it?"

"Yes."

"Don't let fear stop you from doing the thing you love most."