“Stop it, Mitch. If this doesn't work, then... Well. Somehow, we will get over them,” I say, but my voice cracks on “over.”

Someone knocks on the door. “Come in!” Mitch yells, scooting closer to me in case it's Sky or Jerome.

“Ty, I need to talk to yo-” Sky begins, but I cut him off by pulling Mitch in for a kiss.

A good thirty seconds later, I break the kiss. Acting as if I hadn't even noticed Sky until now, I gasp. “Oh, uh, hi, Sky. What do you need?”

A tear rolls down his cheek and he whispers quickly, “Nothing.” Then he turns and leaves.

“Stink,” I say, standing up. Mitch stands, too. “Stink, stink, stink!”

“We have to go after him,” Mitch says what I'm thinking. “What if he and Jerome broke up and wanted us back?”

“Do you really want to be someone's second choice?” I ask.

“Do you really want to let him walk away?” he asks.

I run out the door.

*slight time skip*

Mitch and I walk up to Sky's front door, which is still open a crack. We step inside. Hearing voices, we creep towards Sky's bedroom and put our ears up to the door. “Did you tell him? I couldn't find Mitch, and he wouldn't answer his phone.” That's Jerome's voice.

Mitch grimaces guiltily beside me, glancing at his phone in his pocket, which he turned off.

“N-No. H-He was kissing M-M-Mitch, I... I couldn't tell him. I didn't want to ruin his new relationship. I- I love Ty, and he's happy with Mitch, s-so... So if he's happy, I'm happy,” Sky says in between sobs.

Jerome sighs. “You don't look happy, Sky,” he says, and I can tell from his voice that he's not happy either.

Sky laughs, a sad, defeated sound. “Don't worry. Just give me a few months to take a couple more acting lessons. Then I'll look happy.”

“Sky, it can't be good to bottle up your emotions like that.”

“It can't be that bad, either, I've been doing it for years.” I can hear some shuffling, and then Sky makes a sound of surprise. “No, d-don't!”

Jerome gasps. “Sky! Why would you do that?”

Sky laughs again. “Oh, please. You do it, too.”

“W-What do you mean?”

“I've seen the cuts, Jerome! Several times your sleeves have slipped down, and then I can see them in little neat rows up and down your arms. I just didn't say anything.”

Mitch looks horrified. I'm sure I do, too.

“Oh... But, if you're 'happy,' why do you do it?”

“... 'Cause I'm selfish. I should be happy for Ty, and I am, but I still miss him. And it hurts, so much.” Oh, no, he's crying again. Because of me. There's silence for a bit. Then Sky says bitterly, “Well? Aren't you going to tell me it's OK even though it isn't, something like, 'There are plenty of fish in the sea'? Something stupid like that? C'mon, you give me some useless words of encouragement and then I'll give you some, and we can go on pretending to be fine.”

“... I can't, Sky. I know what you're feeling. I know I won't ever love anyone but Mitch. I won't move on. I can't.” Jerome takes a shaky breath. “And you're right. They're happy together. So who am I to ruin what they have?

“But I don't want to live without Mitch by my side, and I know you're completely broken without Ty. So, maybe we should stop cutting, 'cause it will never be enough to take away the pain. Maybe... Maybe we should just... Just end it,” Jerome finishes.

My eyes widen, and Mitch and I glance at each other before throwing the door open. Mitch attacks Jerome with hugs, and I fling myself at Sky. “Ty?” Sky questions, looking shocked and sort of scared.

“I'm sorry!” I wail. “Please don't leave me, I don't want you to go! Please don't hurt yourself, Sky!” I frantically place kisses all over his face, continuing to hold him tightly. “Please, Sky, I love you so much! I can't lose you!”

Sky stands in shocked silence for a bit, and I'm sort of worried he'll be mad at me. But then he whispers, “I love you, too,” and gently hugs me back.

(WHY ARE DO MY ONE-SHOTS ALWAYS INCLUDE SELF HARM OR ATTEMPTS AT SUICIDE??? I PROMISE, I WILL EVENTUALLY DO A HAPPY ONE!!!!)