Chapter Twenty Seven- A Multitude Of Days

"No!" I yelled. "Not you. Never you. I need you!" I whimpered.

"Ashes. We'll be fine." Calu smoothly rubbed my back. "I have my little faerie-wolf."

"Fae." I deadpanned.

"Huh?"

"You use Faerie as in 'faerie powers' or 'faerie wings'." I explained. "But I am a Fae-wolf." Calu blinked. I blinked back. We did this for a while, just sitting in silence.

••

"I'm hungry. Feed my mouth." I said to Calu. He laughed and shook his head.

"Where did you get that one?" he asked.

"You've never seen the show Dinosaurs?" he shook his head. "We shall have a marathon then while we consume our dinner." He laughed and made us sandwiches.

I put the DVD in and we settled in to watch.

•••

"That was slightly weird." Calu said. I stuck my lip out.

"But, but, 'Not the mama'." I quoted. Calu laughed.

"I swear sometimes you're actually a toddler." Calu grinned. "Let's go to bed." Oh I was SO going to play toddler.

"Can I have water?" Calu left to get me a glass of water. He returned and I drank it. "Can I watch one more show?" Calu caught on.

"No."

"Will you carry me then?"

"You can walk." I saw him fight his wolf on that.

"Pwease?" Calu raised an eyebrow. "Pwease? Pwease? Pwease?"

"Fine!" Calu said. I grinned and fell asleep while he was carrying me up the stairs, my head on his shoulder.

{Wakes up at seven}

"It's too early Calu." I whined. "I'm not going Calu. That's it. Nope. My ass stays here on this bed. Nuh uh. No way. Come lay here, please."

"I have to go Butterfly." Calu whispered. "I want you in my arms right now. I want you to snuggle up into my chest like you always do. I need you to come with me Butterfly."

"Where did Butterfly come from?" I asked.

"I thought it up." He answered and picked me up along with my blankets. I went back asleep.

••

I woke up to chaos. Calu was running with me sheltered in his arms. I wrapped my arms around his neck.

"What's happening?" I ask frantically.

"Vampires!" Calu yelled. Sure enough, pale, purplish, veiny vampires were in the pack house.

"Let me down." I demanded. Calu held me tighter. My eyes flashed with anger. I was dropped onto my feet.

Anger pumped through my veins. They wanted Calu. I needed to bring out my wolf side and my fae side. I cupped Calu's face in my tiny hands, well, tiny compared to his. I kissed his lips just wanting him to be hidden.

Calu's body faded to a sheer like state. People ran through him. My eyes went wide. I had seen my mom do this to me before. How did I do that? Calu noticed and looked shocked. I could tell he saw the pride running through me. He smiled and went to cause the vampires some chaos.

The vampires stopped dead in their tracks. Uh, deader in their tracks. They fled.

I was relieved when I saw Calu unhurt. I ran up to him and kissed him with all my might. I felt him become visible again.

Suddenly I feel a stabbing, burning pain in my back. My eyes went wide as I felt consciousness fading. I looked at Calu.

"I love you. Get me to our room." I passed out.