Chapter Twenty Three- Marks

As soon as I entered the Dining Hall, I was self conscious. I clung to Calu's arm and Kayla wiggled out of my grasp. I used my now free right arm to pull me into Calu's side. He laughed.

'Where did my self confident Mate go?' Calu joked.

'Probably on a vacation to Bermuda the moment I stepped into the room.' I answered. He laughed out loud.

"I now present to you, my wonderful, beautiful, funny, charming, loving, smart, kind..." Calu was getting sidetracked.

"Um, hello!" I snapped my fingers in front of his face as Calu's checks tinted pink. "Alphas." I muttered but everyone heard because of the microphone. The pack burst out in laughter and I blushed a bright red.

"Well I guess I forgot cheeky." Calu said with a laugh. "May I present to you, my Mate and your new Luna!" the crowd erupted into cheers.

Calu pushed me to the microphone by the small of my back. I leaned into his touch and he made the sexy rumble noise. I smelt his scent, wood fire, cinnamon and s'mores. I REALLY like that smell. I took a deep breath.

I've always loved the scent of wood fire. I guess now I know why. Obviously the scent of cinnamon and s'mores makes me want to lick his face.

'I'm not sure of I like the direction of your train of thought.' Calu said. I briefly turned around and licked my lips and Calu growled.

"Hello members of the Canadian Shield pack." I said. They hung on my every word. "I love our pack already. The pups are like beautiful little rays of sunshine!" I exclaimed. "I haven't gotten to meet everyone, but I really want to. I promise to do my best when it comes to Luna responsibilities." The pack was a sea of smiling faces.

"Enjoy your dinner." Calu said. He kissed my forehead.

The pack stood as one, and then raced to the buffet. This pack is ours. I smiled.

'Mark me tonight Calu!' I said through the Mate bond.

He looked at me with wide eyes and picked me up spinning me around. I clung into him. My arms went under Calu's and my hands were on his shoulder blades. I pulled myself into his chest. My legs were wrapped around his waist because I thought I was going to fall. I pushed me head onto his hard chest.

'I've been waiting since we found out we were Mates' he said putting me down. 'Seeing you that first day after your little run almost killed me.'

I remembered that moment and Calu growled, seeing the picture I was thinking of. He kissed me on the lips hard. The kiss lasted a second and I couldn't react fast enough.

I pulled Calu into the buffet area. I piled my plate with two steaks, a pork chop, some mashed potatoes with gravy, some cooked broccoli, potato salad and cooked corn. My plate was as high as Calu's.

Calu laughed at me and I stuck my tongue out. His eyes glowed bronze and I put my tongue back into my mouth, blushing. Calu led me to the table where his family sat.

"Lyly! Lulu!" Kayla yelled while dribbling gravy onto her chin. "Sit by me!" I sat next to her as I wiped gravy off of her chin.

"Luna Ashlyn, it's so nice to meet you again." Calu's dad Ryder said. Calu looked at me confused. "The last time I saw you, you were a wee pup sitting on your daddy's lap during a meeting." He guffawed and I blushed.

"It's nice to see you again Alpha Ryder." I replied.

"Aw sweetie it's just Ryder now. I gave the position to Calu here." he slapped Calu on the back and Calu spit out a bite of steak. All the girls at the table whined but I laughed.

"I see growing up with your brothers toughened you up." Calu's mom said. "Gertrude." she said holding out her hand.

"Ashlyn." I replied. She smiled. "These are our daughters." she said gesturing to the seven girls surrounding us.

"I'm the oldest!" Calu suddenly yelled.

"Are not!" Two of the girls yelled.

"These are Calu's sisters who complete the whole triplet set." Gertrude said. "Calu was born first, then Sadie, and then Marnie. They are all two hundred and sixty-three but I'm sure you have figured that out."

They all looked the same except Calu was a boy. I nodded.

Ryder spoke next. "This is Kayleigh, she's one hundred and fifty one." I nodded. Kayleigh was really blonde-her hair was almost white-and short. Only five five. "Zooey is forty five." She was five eleven and had black hair.

Calu took a deep breath. "This is Fawn and Dawn, they're twins and are twenty nine, right?" they nodded. They were my height and had Calu's brown hair.

"I'm Winnie." A teenager with blonde hair said. "I'm fifteen." I smiled.

"And you know Kayla, she's five." Gertrude said. I blinked.

"I hope you will forgive me if I forget your name." I said as the whole table laughed. We dug into our food.

•••••

It was ten now and we just got back from the dance to celebrate my arrival.

"Calu, six of your sisters are older than me." I said laughing.

"So?" Calu shrugged.

"Nothing. I just find our age gap a little startling, that's all." I smiled. "You lived through the seventies and the eighties." I burst out laughing at the thought of Calu doing the disco.

"Yeah whatever!" Calu laughed. "At least I can be groovy now!" I giggled and snorted. Then of course I laughed harder.

We made it to Calu's room. He opened the door and we found Kayla asleep in his bed. Ryder came to take her to her own bed.

Once we were inside, and in our pajamas, Calu pulled me onto his lap so that he could reach the left side of my neck. He stuck his nose into the crook of my neck and kissed it. I purred. I felt him sink his teeth into my skin and I slumped against his body. Calu licked the blood off of my neck.

He lifted me so that my sleepy body could reach the left side of his neck. I kissed him and then my canines sunk into his neck. Calu's blood didn't taste gross, it tasted like campfire roasted marshmallows. I pulled back and licked the blood away.

I fell asleep with him holding me.