Chapter Ten- Sweet Alpha

"Um, excuse me, but I have two questions." I asked. "What haven't I learned and why am I slung over your shoulder fireman style?"

"Well, Ashes," He paused, "to answer your first question, you locked me out when I was trying to wake you up."

"Well you were trying to wake me up!" I interjected. Calu bounced me up and down on his shoulder, effectively putting his shoulder into my gut. ''Oomph.'' I grunted.

''And to answer your second question, I'm dragging you to the Maple Syrup festival you begged me to take you to.'' I squealed.

"In my pajamas?" I asked. "No way! Set me down." Calu dropped me onto my feet. I scampered away to change.

I pulled out my butt hugging boot cut blue jeans and a red Tractor Supply Co.(TSC) t-shirt . Pulling my socks on I shoved my feet into my brown cowboy boots. I ran outside.

"Let's go get our fritter on!" I yelled running into the small group that was going. "I'm ready to stuff my face with apple fritters, pancakes and maple sweets!" Leelee laughed because I did this every year. I pointed to the door. I yelled out a battle cry. "To the truck!" I took off running, with my keys in my hand.

I leaped into the drivers seat of my blue 2007 dodge ram pick up. I loved to roll coal so I made sure to buy a diesel because that's just how I roll. I put a tuner on, a six inch lift kit and numerous lights.

I stuck my key into the ignition and turned. I had my radio blasted. I turned the volume down as Redneck Woman came on. This was like my anthem.

I heard the doors open. David and Leelee came in. Today Leelee's amber hair was so curly she looked like Merida from Brave. That was actually a pretty accurate representation of Leelee.

David was rather short for a werewolf, especially for a Beta. However he had broad shoulders and a muscular torso. He wasn't much to look at. He was sweet, kind, understanding, protective-everything Leelee needed. I was glad they found each other.

Rainer somehow managed to scoot into the back seat on the passenger side. He pushed Daniel into the uncomfortable middle seat. I rolled my eyes.

Calu came and sat in the shotgun seat. We grinned at each other while Rainer made gagging sounds. Calu shoved Rainer and I laughed so hard I snorted. That of course made me laugh harder. Huh, oh well.

Cale was the last to climb into my truck. He saw how close Calu was sitting and smirked. Cale decided to stick his butt in Calu's face. Calu pushed his face as far back as it would go. Cale sat smack dab in the middle of my truck. He was taking up a lot of room in the front seat so I elbowed him.

"Whoa!" I yelled. "Watch the shifter!" Cale hit my shifter with his knee. I could've smacked Cale. In fact, I did.

"What was that for?" Cale yelled.

"For hurting Delilah!" Yes I did name my truck. She's precious. Hey, well at least I don't sing her to sleep like Rainer does to Beast. Yeah, he has a Viper.

"Whatever. Let's just go." Leelee said.