Chapter Sixteen- You Just Broke My Hand

I woke up to a whole new world of pain. I knew it! They did it! I growled and yelled at Calu.

"Calm down Ashes." Calu cooed. "You'll be fine."

"Okay then! You come here and let me hold your hand." He walked over and placed his hand in mine. I squeezed his hand while I was in pain. I heard a couple of pops and swear words.

"You just broke my hand." Calu said calmly.

The pain went away and I blacked out.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

I woke up in what I think is a hospital. The last thing I remember is running through the forest covered in mud. I should clean my cuts. I lifted up my shirt to examine them but they were no longer there. Weird.

"Hey baby." Calu said. "Are you still mad?"

"Mad about what?" Calu's eyes were like saucers.

"You don't remember?" I shook my head. "We activated your healing abilities." I felt my eye twitch once.

"What?" I asked. He repeated himself. "And you didn't ask me?" He shook his head. "How is that legal?" I yelled.

"I'm your Mate. Let's go home."

•••

When we got home, and after I forgave Calu, we watched The Little Mermaid. I sang along the whole time.

"And you like this movie because..." Calu said.

I rolled my eyes. "Ariel has so much enthusiasm for life and she falls so deeply in love."

"So."

"And she has a tail and can breathe underwater." I giggled.

"That's what I was looking for." Calu smiled. We said goodbye and went our separate ways to bed.