Chapter Three

Megatron spent the next month trying to win his wife back. He lived with Optimus and his family while he worked on healing. He worked extra hard to get out of debt and even harder to try and get his wife to come back. He would try and call her almost every day to say he loved her, but he couldn't get past her parents. He sent her love letters and flowers, anything special when he could. Still nothing.

The day came to make the divorce official and he asked to have a word with her alone. They allowed it and everyone in the room could tell he didn't want to do this. He went to a private area and looked at her for a moment.

"Ashley... please... I don't want to do this. But you have begged me to and that's the only reason I'm putting myself through so much pain. I'm simply doing as you ask... but please... please tell me why. What did I do wrong?" He asked as he gently gripped her shoulders. She looked at him as tears filled her eyes and she struggled to say something.

"I... I... I don't... love... you..." she struggled as tears fell down her face. He could tell she did and it was extremely difficult for her to say that.

"Don't lie to me love." He whispered quietly and gripped her face carefully. "You're scared... what's happened? Did someone threaten you?" He growled lowly. She trembled in his arms and shook her head slowly.

"P... p-please... just... sign... and leave." She barely whispered as more tears fell down her face. Megatron narrowed his eyes and knew something was wrong. He looked around but didn't see anyone. He stared into her eyes again and kissed her passionately. He wasn't letting her go.

"I swear I'll make sure this person pays dearly for threatening you." He muttered so only she heard. Ashley whimpered fearfully and nodded then hugged him tightly. He kissed her again and decided the only way to protect her was to do as she asked. He put on a mask and went back inside with her.

Everyone was angry with him for making her cry. He didn't defend himself and signed the paperwork. Again, he gave her everything he had. He looked at her family and his family with an unreadable expression before he left. Someone wanted them apart and he was going to find out who.

Though a month went by and his case went cold. He never found out who threatened his wife or why. Another month went by and he was shocked to find out that his wife remarried. He fell into depression and bitterness towards her. He met a woman towards the end of that month and in his despair he dated her. Two months after he married her though Ratchet and Optimus advised against it. Neither of them liked this woman. Her name was Natasha and they believed she was taking advantage of their heart broken friend. Her and Elita were constantly in a disagreement.

Thankfully by the time Megatron married Natasha he had his own home. He was free of debt and felt as if he was starting a new. He had wanted to bring his family back together, but Ashley was gone. He sat in his new home and stared blankly at his hands. He felt more depressed than before.

"What's wrong my dear?" Natasha asked quietly as she sat by him.

"I... I miss my family..." he mumbled without looking at her. It had been a year since he saw them. He hadn't felt it was safe for them unless he had a home.

"Well you have joint custody of the boys don't you?" She asked and he nodded slowly. "And isn't it about time that they come over?" She said as she smiled slightly and gently kissed his cheek. He blinked a couple times then smiled brightly.

"You're right." He said and jumped up then went to call. She smiled as she watched him then got the boys room ready.

They got there and he grinned as he opened the door and hugged Steeljaw tightly. The boy laughed as he knocked him over. He didn't mind and hugged him tightly as he laughed with him. Ashley smiled sadly and glanced at Natasha. The two women stared at each other for a while before Megatron got up. He looked at his ex wife and felt pain in his heart. He still loved her to no end. Though they couldn't do anything about it now.