Chapter 22

Caitlin POV

McKenna: Dude... It's raining... hard

Caitlin: Umbrella?

McKenna: Logan? Your parents? I over packed and I have a lot of shit anyways!!! I don't want to walk...

I exit out of McKenna's name and click on Peyton's.

Caitlin: Is your dad home?

Peyton: No why?

Caitlin: No reason, I'll be there soon to pick you up

This is why I need my own car. I grab my school bag, soccer bag and suitcase. I make my way downstairs and into the kitchen. My heart starts beating extremely fast which is insane. I know its guilt since I haven't said a word to either of my moms and now I am asking them for a ride.

"Can one of you guys give McKenna, Peyton and me a ride to the bus?" I ask softly. "We have to be there in twenty minutes and it's raining."

"Yes." Both of them instantly stopped what they were doing and said at the same time.

I guess I shouldn't have worried about them telling me no. "Thanks."

Both of them head to the car even though only one of them could do the job. I keep my mouth shut appreciating them willing to do it with the way I have been treating them.

I put all my bags in the back knowing the others will have a lot too. I got in the back and felt a pair of eyes on me.

"Do you want us picking one of the girls up first over the other?" Momma P asks who is in the passenger seat.

"Peyton." This answer caused her to give me a smile so I felt the need to explain. "McKenna probably isn't ready quite yet so it will give her more time."

Momma P turns forward as Momma J heads towards Peyton's house. As we pulled up, as I expected she was ready. If we went to McKenna's first we would have been waiting for five minutes at least.

Peyton puts her stuff in the back then gets in. "Good morning." She greets my parents as she is in a chipper mood. "Thanks for picking me up."

"It was our pleasure." Momma J answers. "Are you excited for the next few days?"

This isn't a question they have asked me, but I haven't spoken to them. I look at Peyton who is smiling from ear to ear. "I am super excited. The past two years when my old school was in the Final Four it was such a fun atmosphere so I can only imagine it would be the same this year."

"I saw your old school is in it again this year." Momma P points out. "Have you been in contact with your old teammates and friends?"

"A couple." Peyton laughs. "I've got some text with them talking shit... I mean..." I smile at her fluster state for cussing in front of my parents. They will pretend like they care, but I don't think they really do. "We are staying in the same hotel so I am hoping to meet up with some of them."

Peyton never told me that. Did she not want me to know or did it slip her mind? My parents and her remain in a conversation until McKenna gets on Peyton's side causing her to go to the middle.

"Wow." McKenna takes an exaggerated breath and knowing her, I know a stupid comment is about to come out of her mouth. "I am in a jam packed car full of lesbians."

There it is. "I am going to kill you."

"Calm down cranky pants." McKenna leans forward in her seat. "This is a wonderful thing. In five years all of us will be related."

"How do you figure?" Momma J asks, which I find embarrassing, that she can hear McKenna's nonsense.

"I am glad you asked." McKenna is going to die. There is no question about it. "First we have Peyton and Caitlin whenever they get their stuff figured out. Next we have Logan and me. It's the perfect situation don't you agree? Peyton and I are the ideal daughter-in-laws."