Chapter 26

Caitlin POV

I shoot up breathing heavily.

"Holy shit." A voice gasps. "You just scared the shit out of me."

I look around. "Where am I?" I start panicking.

"In our hotel room." Katie answers. "You took a shower and then passed out. Are you dehydrated or something?"

It was a dream? "I need to go." I shoot up off my bed. "I need to find Peyton."

"Who is Peyton?" Katie stares at me confused.

What is going on?

Katie starts laughing. "Taking a nap messed you up." She is clearly amused. "Are you sure you want to go find Peyton?"

Peyton POV

I exit the bathroom after taking a long shower. I walk gingerly to my bed as the pain in my knee is almost unbearable.

"Seriously?" McKenna stares at me with her head tilted. "Aren't you supposed to be going out with Caitlin?"

"No?" I climb up on my bed. "I don't even know if I will see her tonight."

McKenna rolls her eyes. "Didn't you have a bet? Also, it seemed like you guys were on good terms while we were watching your old school absolutely destroy the other team."

"She never said what she wanted." I state. "Plus, my knee hurts too bad to leave."

McKenna looks at me unconvinced. "Are you using that as an excuse because you don't know if Caitlin still thinks you are a hoe after your friends uncovered your past?"

I shrug. "I have no idea what Caitlin thinks. She is very hot and cold." I state truthfully. "But I am not using it as an excuse. I am not even planning on going to visit with my dad. Any pressure on my leg hurts."

McKenna stares at me for a solid minute. "What Caitlin and you do to each other seems so exhausting." Of course, her comment goes back to that. "Being with a guy isn't like that, maybe you should give it a try."

"Do you even know what it is like to be with someone?" I fire at her. "You make that statement like you are in a secure relationship that everything is golden."

McKenna opens her mouth then shuts it. She walks over to her suitcase and grabs some clothes. "I am going to shower."

The door to the bathroom shuts and soon music comes blaring through the door.

I lay my head back on my pillow and go to rest my eyes. The instant they shut; I heard a knocking at the door.

"McKenna!" I yell towards the bathroom door. "Ugh." I slam my hands in the bed in frustration.

"Coming." I groan as I get off my bed. The instant I put weight on my leg I panic as the pain is overwhelming.

I take a deep breath and slowly walk to the door.

"I hope this is important." I say while I open the door.

Before I could get a full look at who was at the door, I was being pushed back by the force of soft, but very aggressive lips on mine.

The force of being pushed back hurt my leg so bad that I had to pull away by pushing Caitlin away.

My eyes were watering and there was no hiding it.

"Oh god!" Caitlin whispers. "You didn't want me to do that did you?" She looks horrified. "I got to go."

Caitlin turns to leave but I grab her hand in time keeping her from doing so. "It's my knee." I let out a frustrated breath.