Chapter 2

Caitlin's POV

After running and sending us through intense agility drills, the coach brings us back together after a water break.

"I need all the people who are trying out for goalies to go to the opposite end of the field." Coach yells out.

Last year's goalie goes hopping down along with two others. I take a deep breath as I start heading that way.

"What?" McKenna voices. "You are joking right? Since when did you want to be a goalie?"

I try to keep my eyes on her, but they end up going to the girl standing behind her, Peyton.

***Flashback***

I tossed and turned all night thinking about what happened in the woods. How can I justify kissing Peyton? I'm not gay. My parents might be but I'm not. If the girls at my dinner table knew what I did, I could only imagine the remarks they would say. 'I bet you are making your moms proud. It must run in the family.'

I grab my phone and look at the time. 2:11 a.m. I need to talk to someone. I need to clear my head. If not, I'll drive myself mad. Not that I'm not there already.

I go to my contacts and click on the one person I can talk about anything with and know whenever I call or text, I will get a reply.

Caitlin: The thoughts going through my head are about to consume me. I need your expert advice.

It was about two minutes after sending the text that my phone lit up.

Aunt Callie: I'm all ears 👂kiddo... Or should I say eyes👀

Caitlin: I would laugh if I wasn't in the middle of a panic attack. I kissed someone tonight.

Aunt Callie: aren't you at a soccer camp? An all GIRLS soccer camp?

Caitlin: Can you see why I'm freaking out?!? I don't know why I did it. I barely know the girl. All I know is we are in the middle of the woods and I'm leaning towards her placing my lips on hers.

Aunt Callie: Have you been having feelings for girls?

Caitlin: never. It honestly never crossed my mind. There is something different about this girl and I can't explain it, but now I'm scared to see her tomorrow.

Aunt Callie: did she freak out when you kissed her?

Caitlin: no... When I asked her why she didn't stop me she said 'maybe I didn't want to'

Aunt Callie: going off what I have seen I want to say that you both are experiencing some type of feelings towards each other. Now the tricky part is what are those feelings? Are you lonely and finding comfort in someone while you are away from your parents... Are you physically attracted to them, and you can't help it... Or like any other beginning of a relationship do you genuinely have feelings for them...

Caitlin: How do I know which option? Please tell me it's the first thing you said.

Aunt Callie: That's up to you to figure out but don't be scared to take your time. Talk to the girl. Don't avoid her because you have to realize she has feelings as well.

Caitlin: okay...

Aunt Callie: I love you! Take your time and feel it out. You are young! It's okay not to get it right.

I set my phone down and was able to finally sleep. By the time I woke up and got out to the field, I was back to being confused and scared. I try to keep focus on all the drills we had. Lucky for me Peyton was on a different field, so I didn't have the awkward run in with her. Well, that was until the day was almost over.