Chapter 28 Time Limit

as the day continued on from there, Capaneus was talking to Bell about what might happen in the tournament and their life's from that point on, and how the situation fend's for them now that they have trained and leveled up. he was worried that they are a little ill-prepared for the tournament mentally as a result of Ryudo joined the Loki familia as the ace now, the group discuss a pressing matter at hand since Capaneus made such a big deal about it.

Capaneus:" now Bell, with the tournament in 2 day's, we have so little time, and even with this much progress you and your familia have made in a month, I have to say this as harsh as it sound's, I dought you and your familia have much of a chance in winning despite all the effort you all put in so far"

Lily:" WWWHHHAAATTT, ARE YOU SAYING WE HAVEN'T BEEN PREPARING FOR THIS RIGHT AND YOU HAVE NO FAITH THAT WE CAN WIN"

Lily's thought's:" like I haven't been busting butt and bone for this, even if he is a level 7 adventurer, what does he know about our strength and how hard we worked at this point"

Haruhime:" calm down Lily, let him finish, he may have good advice for us to make that go away"

Haruhime's thought's:" and since he is very experienced in combat, we should listen to his word's and prove we can win"

Capaneus:" it's not a matter of skill or determination, but rather...of experience and perspective of the Adventurer's understanding of combat"

Wiene:" wait, what do you mean by that"

Lily:" it means even though we been training to fight and all that, we lack experience and combat prowess of an experienced Adventurer"

Capaneus:" you have been trained to fight and all that, that's a guarantee, and against the average adventurer, you could easily beat them in a few seconds flat, but you lack the experience of fighting a strong opponent who knows what they're doing, let alone them without holding back and wanting to win like these adventurers would"

Bell:" you have a point, up to now, we only been fighting monster's, and sparing against one another, this is hardly what you consider experience compared to the others"

Capaneus:" the teams in this are going to be made up of the most experienced and battle-hardened member's that have experience in just about every field in combat and been in such plenty of time's, it's not a matter of skill, it's a matter of how well you would handle the situation"

Bell:" that's true, we just been training this entire time with no real combat experience at all, and the tournament's in 2 day's on top of that, what do we do Capaneus"

Capaneus was quiet for a moment, and then told Bell as he was getting up.

Capaneus:" that's all up to you Bell, you're not just the captain of this team you know, but your the leader and captain of your familia Bell, you need to make choice's on your own more often, without my or anyone else's help most of the time, I'm not going to be here to help you forever Bell, you need to fend for yourself at time's like this, and say something happen's to me, what then, a dead body can't talk, can it"

Bell then had a worried face on him and Capaneus stood up and patted him on his back.

Capaneus:" it's bad to rely on someone forever, especially in your shoe's Bell with so many people depending on you, make the desition's you think are best, even if their not tactical or correct in common sense, their your desition's, now make your familia proud"

Capaneus left Bell to those word's and for a few second's Bell stood up and declared that they would train all day until the next day where they would need to be dragged back and as they did they were sore beyond word's, it is near the end of the day and Enia was sent to make sure they were still competing in the tournament and the familia together said the near-instant she asked, they all said yes with fire in their eye's.