Chapter 20 War Game

in the night time before, the Zeus familia member was helping an old lady carry her groceries to her home late at night and before he knew it he was surrounded by 25 member's, 24 of them were level 1's just like him, but the leader in this group was a level 2.

old lady:" it's kind of you to help a old frail lady in this time"

Zack:" oh don't mention it ma'am, you looked like you needed help so I was just doing what I thought would help, anyway, we should be near-"

Zack then sensed hostile gazes on him as he set the ladies item's down and got in a fighting stance as he sensed the stared getting closer.

Cronos member 1:" well well well, look who we got here, a runt with some old hag"

Cronos member 2:" some little boy scout helping some old hag I take it, pathetic, to think you're someone in a familia that use to be strong"

Zack:" there is nothing wrong with helping those in need" 

Cronos member 3:" we could care less, we're not interested in that"

Zack:" then what do you all want, and don't think I'll be fooled easily either

Cronos member 1:" what else kid, we're going to break you in 2"

Cronos member 2:" yeah, your familia caused trouble for us recently, as well as the Bell Cranel kid, so we're going to send them a message and beat you till you can't tell up from down"

Zack:" damn it, ma'am get behind me and run, run as far and as fast as you can"

old lady:' but-"

Zack:" GO NOW, if you leave, then I don't have to focus on keeping you safe while I fight, run and don't look back, I'll be fine"

the old lady then dropped her thing's and ran as fast as her old legs could, Zack then saw he was surrounded after she left and was now forced into a fight with multiple enemies, and in the middle of the night as well which wasn't good.

Zack's thought's:" these guys are in the Cronos familia, I can tell there target is me, if I run, I could get them as far away from this woman as much as possible"

Cronos member 1:" do you really think you can beat all of us"

Zack:" this isn't anything I can't handle, if scum who sneak attack at night since they can't win in a fair fight, I'd do just fine"

Cronos member 2:" cocky brat, alright then, game on, who cracks first, one cocky brat or a group of men, BREAK HIM BOYS"

with the leader's command, they then charged at Zack for a long fight, while they had number's, Zack was much more combat capable than them, and while he was somewhat overwhelmed by the numbers, he was able to hold his own just fine for a bit, though not without some beating's here and there and after about 15 minutes he kicked every level 1 there, but he was tired and hurt as he didn't come out unscathed, but then he was hit hard from an attack from his back sending him flying to the wall as blood came from his mouth as he then got in a defensive position even when he was hurt and say a man holding a large hammer, a sneak attack that came at him hard when he was tired, the level 1's were only to tire him out for this guy to attack him and beat him, and he walked right into it, and not only that, the man who hit him and made him on the ground from that one attack was also a level 2, and his sneak attack did break some of his ribs and some punctures organ's as well.

Cronos member:" you know, for a cocky little brat you can fight, but I could have taken you on easily with one arm tied behind my back on my own, but for reassurance, I had these weak shit's tire you out first"