"Well, that explains why you were asleep so early when I returned." 

"When did you come home anyway?" I asked, changing the subject a little. 

"Around seven to eight," she told me. 

"And why are you wearing a face mask at midnight?" I asked her. 

"Oh, that," she laughed. "I actually don't know. I just randomly put it on." 

I laughed with her. "You are so crazy at times." 

"I know," she agreed. "I'm going to go wash my face and head to bed. I'm so tired."

"Sure." I nodded and Celeste walked out the bedroom. 

I wasn't quite sure why I hadn't told Celeste about today. A part of me urged me to keep it a secret. Knowing Celeste, she would probably have made a huge deal about it and would give me a long lecture on why I shouldn't keep important information to myself all the time. I felt a little bad that I didn't tell her because Celeste usually tells me everything and I tell her everything. I've known her long enough to trust her with all my heart but for an unknown reason, I just couldn't tell her about how I almost died, twice. 

*  *  *

The house was quiet and it was way past midnight. I was probably the only one awake in the house. Slipping out of bed, I walked out of my room and closed the door quietly behind me, not wanting to wake Celeste up. I made my way to the front door, put on my sandals and slowly opened the door, avoiding any sudden noises. As soon as I stepped outside, the hair on my arm jolted up and goose bumps began to appear on them too. I rushed back inside and grabbed a cardigan.

The night was calm and soundless. The sky was completely cloud free. There were only tiny, little stars twinkling as if they were diamonds in the the sky. As I continued to walk out to the field, I stared at the almost black sky and observed carefully at the shimmering lights that stood above my head. The stars were so bright, it felt like it was the morning. They flickered a couple of times; it was almost as if each star that flickered was talking to another star.

My eyes explored the atmosphere and spotted the moon standing silently on its own. There wern't many stars gathered around the moon, making the white ball seem lonely and sad. I laughed at myself, remembering when mum tried to convince me that the moon was not made of cheese. I used to have a very imaginative yet crazy way of thinking. Mum would always make a joke about me every time she remembered my silly self before I was a teenager.

I lay down on the grass and put my two hands under my head. I always came out here in the field when I am either unable to sleep or have a lot in my mind. At the moment, I had both. Coming out here made all my wonders disappear and it just allowed me to relax  I closed my eyes as the wind meandered past and sighed. The same questions repeated again and again in my head. My thoughts were all on the boat incident. 

Opening my eyes again, I stared at the stars and decided to make shapes out of them. I lifted up my hand and began joining some of the stars together to create a sort of kite. 

"I see the Orion," I said out loud to myself. 

"You're right, I see it too," said a sudden voice from my right. 

I quickly turned my head to the side to see who it was although I recognised the voice. Eric laid down next to me, resting his hand on both his palms as I had. He was dressed in a blue shirt and black jogging bottoms. He turned his head to the left so that he was facing me and smiled.

"Hey," he said.

"What are you doing up so late?" I asked him.

He chuckled. "You're awake too," he pointed out.