Chapter 17

I felt weak. All my energy felt drained out. My eyelids could barely stay open. I looked around the room. I could hear something moving. Who else could be in the room. I got closer to the noise.
I could hear breathing. As I got closer, discovered the infant crawling on the floor.
Her serious eyes looked into mine. I gently picked her up.

"We're going home" I said
I put my clothes back on and walked out the door. My legs could barely move and I had no idea where I was going.
If I keep walking then eventually I would get somewhere, right?

"Hurry! Hurry! Step right up and see the freaks!"

Freaks?
I looked at the man who was yelling. I got closer to where a group of people were standing.
Many people were in line buying tickets.

"How many tickets would you like to purchase, ma'am?"

I looked at the young man selling the tickets. I didn't even realize that I was in line. I didn't even have money.

"Who's in charge?" I asked

"Richard Neal"

"Lobster boy?"

The young man chuckled
"The one and only"

"May I speak to him?"

The ticket boy raised one of his eyebrows.
"If you want to speak to him then you have to buy a ticket like everyone else"

I closed my eyes and imagined the ticket boy getting shot, but when I opened my eyes nothing happened.
Suddenly I was interrupted by someone else's voice.
"What seems to be the problem?"

Richard was leaning against the ticket booth.
He glanced at me then smiled.
"Y/n?"

"Richard"

His smile grew wider with excitement.
"You're back! And you have a baby?"

"It's a long story"

"Well, don't be shy, come in!" He grabbed my hand and lead me inside the freak show.

"Jack is gonna be so happy once he sees you"

I felt my heart stop. Jack is gonna kill me once he sees me with a baby. I got this weird feeling in my stomach. What's gonna happen now?

"Y/n?!" Yelled a familiar voice.

I knew that voice far too well. It was Jack. Before I could do or say anything I felt a pair of arms embrace me. Tears slid down my cheek. It felt like home. I missed this. The smell of popcorn and cotton candy. The colorful tents. This was home, my safe place. I can't believe I left this all behind.

"Who's the little guy?" He asked

"G-girl" I corrected

He gently took her out of my arms and carried her.
"She's so pretty"

I stood there, awkwardly, not know what to do. My legs and hands were shaking.

"What's her name?"

"Vod- (name of your choice)"

Jack smiled
"Where did you find her?"

"Umm I ah... she's a-actually mine"
I felt my legs and arms shake.
Jack gave me an odd look, his smile slowly turned into a frown.

"W-what?"

"Can we go somewhere more quiet?" I asked
He looked around, noticing that we were in public.
No one was really paying attention to us but I wanted to explain everything to Jack in a more settle place.

"Sure"
He lead me into a small tent with no one inside. The bed had a mirror and a closet.

"Did you get a new tent?" I asked, trying to break the tension in the air.

"Yeah" Jack muttered

He sat on the bed with the baby still in his arms.
After a long moment of silence, Jack finally spoke up.
"When did it happen?"

"It was the day before we moved to a different town."

Jack's eyes widened.
"With who? Where? Why didn't you tell me?"

"Umm I didn't tell you because I thought you would be upset" I stammered

"I'm upset that you didn't tell me. Now answer my other two questions: Where and with who" Jack said sternly

"In a cabin... specifically, in Jeff the killer's cabin."

Jack began to laugh
"You're joking right?"

"I wish I were"

Jack stopped laughing.
"That smiling piece of fuck touched you?!"

"Jack-"

"You let that psycho asshole touch you?!"

"I was drunk!"

"You got drunk with that stupid piece of donkey shit?!"

I softly rubbed Jack's back, trying to calm him down.
"Let explain everything to you"
I began by telling him about the feelings I had for Jeff. I told him everything. Even told him about the baby and the Witch Doctor.
When I was finally done telling him everything, he remained silent.

"Jack, I'm really sorry I left without telling you anything."

Jack let out a sigh
"It's fine sweetheart. Where is Jeff now?"

I shrugged
"Probably at his cabin or the other house"

"You've had a long day. You can sleep in my bed for tonight."
He kissed the baby's forehead then gave her to me.

"What about you?"

He smiled
"Don't worry about me. I have to take care of some business."

"Okay"
I laid on the bed with Vodka on my chest.
Thank god that was over.
I should have just told him everything before, it would have been much easier.
I guess now, everything will be back to normal. Was I normal? I thought about the events that happened. Why didn't it happen with the ticket boy? Maybe I didn't have the powers. Maybe that was just a "once in a life-time" thing.

I noticed that Vodka had fallen asleep in my arms. I can't believe I got her back. I was happy to be with her but she reminded me of Jeff.
I loved my angel but she would never get to experience any type of emotion. As bad as it may sound, I think it wasn't worth bringing her back to life. I should have known better. This whole experience had been terrible. It was like a dream to have her back but at the same time, I had to face the consequences. This was the price I had to pay.
She's my beautiful nightmare.