Chapter 13: Playing Dirty & Entitled Bearers

Beth's POV

Harry's mouth freezes, his lips on my shoulder when I ask the question before he slowly pulls away and rests his forehead where his mouth was just touching, letting out a sigh.

I had hoped it was some stupid figment of my imagination or that Gemma was just that drunk and happy when she yelled it into my ear.

Seems like it was neither.

"Harry?" my voice is muffled because of how he is leaning on me and I feel him sigh again.

He pulls back, his face serious as he bites his bottom lip, his gaze finally meeting mine.

"I did," he replies, his voice barely above a whisper.

If I was in a more coherent state I'm sure I'd be yelling at him right now, but I don't think my body or my head could take it.

I slowly extract myself from him and pull myself up so I'm sitting up in the bed so I can look at him properly.

Harry scrambles up onto his knees, panic on his face as he reaches for my hands, but I pull them out of his grasp, instead opting to throw the covers back and gingerly climbing out of bed.

Satisfied that I'm capable of standing and not falling over or needing to throw up again, I start to walk towards the window, my hands running themselves though my hair as I look out.

"Beth..." Harry's voice is strained from behind me.

"Just..." I wave my hand for him to stop.

I can't believe he went behind my back...he had no right.

I look down below and watch the people as they walk on by, going about their business.

Slowly, I turn around and look at Harry, who is now sitting on the edge of the bed.

"Why?" I finally ask, "no, what gives you the right to even go behind my back like that?"

"I wasn't going behind your back-" he starts.

"Well you weren't upfront with me about it so yes, you did go behind my back!" I cut him off, "I can't believe you!" I start to pace around his bedroom.

"If you'll just let me explain-" he says.

"What would you do if I had done this?" I retort, "what if I had gone to your management and asked things about you?"

"I probably wouldn't mind," he shrugs his shoulders.

I say nothing and raise my eyebrows at him.

"Okay, maybe a little bit cause I'd expect you to come to me..." he reluctantly agrees and looks down at his feet shamefully.

"What happened to always being honest Harry?" I remind him, "what happened to that promise we made?"

His head snaps up, guilt clearly written all over his face before he looks forlornly at me.

He bows his head again and sighs shakily, sniffing loudly before wiping his nose with the back of his hand.

"I just..." he whispers, sounding like he's about to cry, "I just don't want you to go..."

My heartbeat starts to pound so loudly that I can feel it though my entire body as I just stand there dumbly looking at him.

"But you know I have to Harry, we've been through this..." I say exasperated.

"I know, I know," he runs his hand through his hair in annoyance before his glossy eyes meet mine, "but I want you to come back...sort everything out at home and then come back."