Chapter 20: Apron Strings & Bloody Dropkicks

Harry's POV

As I let the water run through my fingers, waiting for it to warm up to the right temperature, Beth wriggles herself down from where I was holding her.

I miss the warmth and comfort of her body already.

She shivers a little as I pull her into the shower, the temperature warming up nicely.

I let her under first, smoothing her hair back as the water runs down before she reaches up and runs her own hands over her head, opening her eyes and smiling up at me.

She then places her hands on my upper arms and spins us around so I'm now under the water.

"God that feels good," I murmur as the warm water envelops me.

"Doesn't it?" she agrees as she reaches around me for some shower gel and a sponge, lathering it up and handing it to me.

"You're not going to do it?" I smirk at her, raising my eyebrow.

"Harry," she raises her own eyebrow right back at me, "if I do it you, we both know where we'll end up..."

"Can't keep your hands of me eh?" I continue to smirk, "I get it..." I trail off as I concentrate on cleaning my body, "I mean I am-"

I'm cut off as I look back up at her, only to be met with a mouthful of water that she spits in my face.

"You mean you're a bloody dropkick," she cuts me off, rolling her eyes at me.

I shake my head at her and finish washing my body before I shove the sponge into her hand, indicating to change spots with me so she can stand under the water.

Oblivious to my staring, she proceeds to wash herself down before rinsing off and hanging the sponge back up.

"What?" she frowns, looking up at me.

"Nothing, just enjoying the view," I reply.

"Stop it," she blushes, her arms moving to cover herself.

I make no said attempt to stop it.

"If I said you had a beautiful body would you hold it against me?" I grin, which has her rolling her eyes at me again.

"Harry shut up!" she says as she blushes even more.

Which I didn't think was possible but it is.

"In all seriousness Beth, all the little marks you have," I reach down and trace the thickened scar from having her children, "and the bigger ones, are what make you unique, and I love every single one of them because they belong to you, okay? Please don't hide away from me," I continue, "you're beautiful just as you are."

I lift one of her hands away from her body, the one that has the infinity tattoo on her wrist and gaze at it.

She has him on her skin.

Forever.

And I know it's stupid but I feel a small jab of jealousy that she has another man permanently inked on her skin.

It's the father of her children Harold.

And her husband.

Widow.

Husband though.

I screw my eyes shut in an attempt to stop over- thinking like a twat over a dead man.

"Harry?" she looks up at me, "what is it?"

I shake my head, thinking I'm such a selfish wanker.