Chapter 1: Flirty Captains & Floatation Devices

Beth's POV

I adjust the bag on my shoulder as I walk behind Harry, Jamie and Chloe through the passageway.

Nick was between us all, his headphones on and eyes glued to the brand-new phone that was in his hand, courtesy of Harry.

It wasn't every day you turned fourteen, Harry had reminded me when I gave him 'the look' as Nick gleefully opened his gift.

It also wasn't every day you bought a teenager an iPhone either I kindly reminded him back.

So not only did he gain the latest iPhone, I'm sure he also gained another foot in height as well as his hair now having grown long enough to put it up into a bit of a ponytail.

There have been many a time that whenever Harry appeared with his hair up in a bun, Nick would have his hair up too.

I couldn't really blame him.

If only I could look as effortlessly cool as Harry does...

And he does right now as he casually walks up ahead of me, his leather bag over his shoulder and a firm grip on Chloe's hand, though it's highly possible it is the other way around.

Since Chloe came home from the hospital, her and Harry had been almost inseparable.

He has doted on her while she has become dependent on him for nearly everything, even to the point of her misbehaving, she took whatever Harry said and actually listened.

Well, ninety percent of the time.

The passage we are currently walking down eventually takes us outside and onto the tarmac, a small private plane waiting to take us to Billund.

Harry had used his powers of persuasion to convince me to fly us all to our Legoland trip via private plane rather than with the general public.

It's quite difficult to argue a point against Harry when his mouth is on your neck.

I know.

I tried.

And obviously failed.

The airport staff guide us over while a man in a pilot uniform, who I assume is flying this ridiculously small craft, come over to greet Harry and myself.

He shakes hands and they exchange pleasantries before the pilot moves to shake my hand, encasing it with his other hand.

Okay.

"Ever flown by private jet before?" he asks as we start walking again.

"No," I reply, "can't say I've had the pleasure," I continue to eye the small plane warily.

"Well the pleasure will most certainly be mine to be flying such a beautiful woman," he replies.

I frown and look over my shoulder but there's no one else behind me.

"As long as you get us there in one piece I'll be happy," I say.

"Of course," he winks, "nervous flyer?"

"Nope, more of a nauseous one than anything," I shake my head as Harry's hold on my hand drops and he wraps his arms around my shoulders, which means my carry-on bag is now squishing into my side.

Okay, this is slightly uncomfortable now.

"Well it's a perfect day for flying," the pilot prattles on, "hardly any wind so turbulence should be minimal..." he trails off, "but there is a bed down the back of the plane should you need to relax..."

Fantastic.

Let me puke my guts up horizontally.

"You're welcome to visit the cockpit once we're flying at our desired altitude," he offers as we reach the stairs.