¤ Bastard of the Moon ¤

Start from the beginning

Luna Celeste offered him an adoring smile and ran a hand on his shoulders, to which he quickly grabbed and delicately planted a lingering kiss on her wrist while keeping a close eye on me.

For a moment, the rage within him silenced, and I watched as it quickly resurfaced when Luna Celeste had taken her leave of the office with a quick whisper of goodbye against his ear.

I was surprised. I didn't know greed and conceit could go perfectly with one another.

I cleared my throat, finding myself in discomfort after watching their open display of affection, but I quickly regained my composure.

"Alpha," I greeted with a nod of my head.

Alpha Azeil crossed his arms above his chest and leaned back on his chair, "Enlighten me, Doctor."

His words were meant to command, and the strength of it wrapping tightly around my throat, forcing me to choke out my knowledge.

My hands clasped tightly together and I released a breath before rolling back my tense shoulders from his waiting gaze.

"Where do you want me to start?" I questioned him.

"I want you to tell me everything," Alpha Azeil glared at me. "Tell me everything that makes him a ticking time bomb."

I ran a tongue across my dry lips and unfolded my legs before taking a breath.

"Killian's body heals ten times faster than us werewolves. His blood isn't common and doesn't match any other blood in the database. I ran a test as soon as he landed in my infirmary, and I found out that his genetic code is different... it's completely modified into something more."

Alpha Azeil remained silent, his own eyes focused on the wooden surface of his desk with his fingers continuously tapping against it.

"Alpha Azeil, it is very much given that Killian is not a werewolf, but I'm certain that he means no harm. The fact that he was discovered half alive in that lake was enough to tell us that he was attacked."

"What makes you think that he was attacked?" Alpha Azeil flashed his teeth. "He could have been the attacker, Valerianne. He could have slaughtered a lot of humans and received enough bullets to weaken him, but still managed to survive."

"I can assure you that that man stuck inside that prison made of pure, thick concrete is anything but a killer."

"You have no proof, Val. If wolves were to find out that there is a bigger threat for them, it would cause an outcry. No matter what, that thing will remain locked up for the safety of this, and every other pack."

Coward.

All of Alpha Azeil's intentions were made to avoid the opponent to his reign; Killian was the theif to his crown that he did not deserve to wear. He was afraid of the shame he was going to bear when he faces his inevitable loss, as well as the destruction he would cause upon the reeking pride of his obssessive mate.

I gritted my teeth, my nostrils flaring in annoyance as I avoided Alpha Azeil's eyes.

"Given that he's only been held captive for a short amount of time, I want you to pay closer attention to the extent of his strength and capabilities," Alpha Azeil said and stood up from his leathered chair while I remained seated on the same place, seething.

"Yes, Alpha," I bit out, my eyes focused onto the world outside the window while Azeil walked over to the small separate table full of whiskey and wine.

He poured himself a glass of alcohol filled to the brim and headed out the door. But before he could take his leave, he suddenly came to a halt.

"And Valerie," Alpha Azeil trailed off to take a swig of his drink, "find out what makes him weak."