"Hmmm... Dark chocolate mocha for me and... What would you like?" Barbara asked, turning to me.

Do you have any tea? I signed towards Tony.

"Ahhh," he gave me a sheepish look. "I don't read sign language sorry."

"Hand her a menu then," Barbara said rolling her eyes.

I took the menu that Tony handed me and scanned it. Only three tea options, a herbal tea, chai tea, and a black tea with a fruity edge. Placing the menu on the counter, I tapped the black tea.

"That one?" he asked. "All righty then. I'll have those two out for you in a jiffy."

"Don't forget Harvey's coffee to go," Barbara reminded him.

"Of course, I'll get that too."

I followed Barbara to a table by one of the windows and sat down across from her. She slid into her seat before turning her attention to me, "Now that we got that all out of the way, I believe that I never caught your name."

I expected her to ask me what my name was, but I didn't plan on telling her what it was. I searched my mind for a name I could use as a cover-up. I remembered this game that had been a huge hit at school. Doki Doki something or other. I didn't remember the logistics of it, I only remembered some of the characters' names.

My name's M-O-N-I-K-A. I spelled out the name because of the weird spelling. I then realized that she couldn't read sign language and silently cursed myself.

"Here," Barbara said, putting her notebook down on the table in front of me with a pen. "Try that."

My name's Monika, I wrote.

"It's a pleasure to meet you Monika," Barbara said with a smile. "I'm really sorry about earlier."

It's really no big deal. I wrote quickly.

"Still," Barbara said, waving a hand. "I feel bad about it. What's someone like you doing out in Gotham by yourself anyways? It's dangerous to be out by yourself."

Only if it's getting dark, I wrote.

"People have been robbed or even kidnapped in the middle of the day." Barbara's face darkened.

That's true, but I can handle myself.

"I'm sure you can," Barbara said, "I can tell you're a very capable young woman."

So you're heading the investigation on that girl's kidnapping? I had to be very careful on how I approached the subject, but I was also very curious about what had been going on.

"How'd you know that?" Barbara asked, suddenly very guarded.

Like I said, I can read lips.

"Oh," Barbara relaxed. "Sorry, it's just that Bruce doesn't want anything getting out about the kidnapping because of the press. I apologize if I just seemed a bit rude."

It's ok.

"So yeah I'm heading the investigation." Barbara continued. "We don't have much of a lead, however. All we know is who did it."