9 || A Secret Letter, Telling You ||

A/N: [Word/s] - Crossed out.

If the person reading this letter is not a man called Levi Ackerman, I ask you to please step away from the letter, close it, put it back in the envelope, bring it to Apartment Building 2, Room 94, give it to the man that lives there, leave and forget that this letter ever existed. Got it?

Okay, good.

Levi,

What I'm about to tell you is very important... it concerns Eren. If you don't remember, Eren's that kid you met at the hospital when you wanted to see me. Well, I'm sure you remember him because... you know him from somewhere else, don't you?

I know that you know where he's from and what his story is but... he doesn't remember you. Just know that. But that's besides the point; that wasn't what this message to you is for.

Levi, remember, this is very confidential so please, keep this to yourself. Do not, and I repeat, DO NOT let anyone know of what I'm about to tell you. Burn this letter if you have to, just keep this information safe. And if anyone finds out about this, I could get fired, or worst, not have another job for the rest of my life so I'm counting on you, Levi.

Okay. Enough stalling. I think it's time I told you now.

But before I start, let me tell you about Eren. And yes, I am very aware that you know almost everything about him but, that's just it, you don't know everything. So let me tell you a tale I'm sure you haven't heard yet.

You met him when he was only 5 years old, correct? Eren was only a child, but you were 8 then, I believe. [Still a child, but very mature.]

When you first saw Eren that day, I saw a faint light in your eyes. And yes, I was there. In fact, you brought me along. You said you wanted a friend with you. Ha, can you believe that? You called me a friend!

We walked passed Eren's room together, you peeked inside. You were a curious young fellow, but I can't say anything for I was the same as you. Eren was looking out the window, you were looking at him, but I... I was looking at you.

To be more specific, I was looking at your eyes. Before you met him, your eyes were always dull, there wasn't a simple glint of light reflecting from them but when your eyes connected with his, they held a veil of pure warmth and love for the very first time.

[You didn't look at anybody with those eyes, besides Eren.]

You could almost call it love at first sight. No, you could practically call it that because you fell in love. You fell in love with Eren Jaeger the moment you set eyes on him. Well, the moment your eyes met his that is.

And don't deny it. I know that you know this. And I also know that the most you loved about Eren... were his eyes. A lovely mixture of green, blue and gold; they almost looked like the ocean - it's kinda ironic seeing as Eren had always wanted to lay his eyes upon that large amount of mass of salt water [AKA the ocean.]

Eren had a lot of things wrong with him but them main one was his legs; the nerves in his legs didn't function properly, making his legs unable to move... at all. He was like that since birth, but his eyes were there. His eyes were still in his head.

I'm sure you already know what happened, but for the sake of this letter, and just in case you don't remember, Eren lost his eyes during a car accident. It was also the same accident that led him to lose his parents, Carla and Grisha, and his sister, Mikasa. [Well, adopted sister.]

They let him out of the hospital because they believed he was fine and could leave, [and never return]. Little did they know of the consequences of that simple decision.

...When you found out about 'the incident', I hadn't seen you for almost two weeks after that. And when I finally saw you again, you had tear stains on your cheeks and the white in your eyeballs were blood red.

You cried. I know you did. You cried [for the very first time] because you lost the very thing you held dear to you.

His eyes. You [mourned] weeped for the loss of his eyes.

I don't know if I told you everything that you needed to know but... the real reason I sent this letter to you is because... well, it's because... something is wrong with his mind or brain, if you will.

For some reason, a part of his brain has malfunctioned, and to be out it in simple terms... he's lost some of his memories.

He doesn't remember what he did yesterday, or the day before that, nor the day before that one, and we're not sure what is wrong with him, or what caused his brain to be like this.

But... what we do know is that if something that caused this to happen, happened to him again, he'll probably regain some, if not all, of his lost memories.

Though, the thing is, we're not sure what caused this to happen, as I stated before... but it all seemed to happen after he met you. Well, met you for the second time since you haven't seen him since you were 8.

You might have something to do with this so.. please, I'm begging you, help us make Eren regain his memories. This doesn't mean that we think it's your fault, it means that you can help him... [if you are the cause.]

Come to the hospital soon to visit Eren, visit him everyday and see if he remembers you. If not, then he wouldn't remember anything from the time he met till now.

I'm counting on you. Eren's counting on you. We're all counting on you.

It may take weeks, months, even years, but... I don't want you to give up... I mean, after all...

"He's the only one worth [dying] living for," right?

~ Dr. H

P.S. If you need any help, you can go to a young man by the name of Armin Arlert; he was - well, still is - Eren's best friend. You can find him around town, but I don't know where he currently lives.

I'm sure he'll know what to do if you need the help.

Now, Levi... tell Eren that you [like] love him.