10/story two/

"Class, it seems we have another new student!" The teacher said, pointing to a girl who was sat in the front. "Ms. Hannah, if you could introduce yourself."

The girl stood up, waving a bit. "Uh, hi. I'm Flynn."

"YOU'RE AMERICAN?" Keaton asked loudly, and everyone murmured as if this was the most surprising thing in the world. Phil rolled his eyes at Keaton, watching as the new girl looked a little uncomfortable.

"Yeah, I'm from Utah."

"Is Utah nice?" Stephanie asked.

"I mean it's nice I guess, just not much to do."

"Tell us something you like to do." The teacher said.

"Um, I like to read. I'm a fan of the Harry Potter series and lots of comics. But I really enjoy mystery books as well."

"Alright, you can take your seat now, Flynn."

She awkwardly sat down, and Phil noticed her smile at him slightly before she did. Phil smiled back and turned to Dan. "I kinda like her."

Dan nodded, not looking up from his phone. "Yeah, maybe you should talk to her."

"Well, maybe I will."

Dan looked up at him then. "Are you serious?"

"Yeah, why not?"

Dan frowned, "I just...we don't know anything about her."

"I didn't know anything about you."

"That's different."

"How?"

"Well you...I...I mean...I don't know, we're just like...different."

"And maybe she is too. You make new friends all the time, why can't I make any?"

"It's not the same."

"You know, you keep saying that about the same thing. Either there's a reason you're not wanting to tell me, or you're just being a dick."

Dan's eyes widen. He's never heard Phil say a curse word as long as they've been friends. And especially not in that tone, or directed towards anyone. If he's ever gotten close, Dan didn't notice. It wasn't even that bad a word, just hearing Phil say it he felt terrible. "I...okay, sorry." He said, "I guess...we could use a girl that's a friend. It'd be cool."

Phil nodded, "I think so too."

//

"Hey." Phil greeted, going up to Flynn who was in the seat next to him in Chemistry class, smiling. "I'm Phil."

She smiled slightly, shaking his hand. "Nice to meet you, Phil. As you already know, I'm Flynn."

"I like your shirt." Phil said, and she laughed.

"Yeah, Stranger Things is like my favorite TV show at the moment. Who's your favorite character?"

"I don't want to sound basic, but Eleven and Dustin hold special places in my heart."

Flynn's eyes lit up. "Dude, me too. But for some reason, I would die for Hopper? He is like the best badass dad cop in the world."

"That is so true! But my friend Dan thinks he's a bit overrated."

"What?! Is Dan heartless?"

"Kind of." Phil admitted, and Flynn shook her head.

"Wow, thats so surprising. I didn't think it was possible to not like Hopper."

"Well, he likes Max and Bob the best from season two. He thinks Bob needs to be protected from all things and is the sweetest, and he thinks Max is just really cool."