20/end of story two/

Phil wondered sometimes if Dan missed himself.

Dan tried to reassure him with every smile and all the dates and with even small things like grabbing his hand in the halls, that he was very happy. He smiled a whole lot more and was much more enthusiastic about things he wouldn't normally care about. And it was cute and wonderful and happy.

But that didn't stop Phil from still wondering if he ever missed the freedom of unattachment. Of not believing in love, or having to give your heart to someone and be vurnerable. Dan, pretty much his whole life, never really felt anything. And it made him comfortable. Cool.

Admirable.

It wasn't like Phil was becoming uninterested in the new Dan. It made him fall for him even more. Because he really felt like his. His beauitful boy that he was helping make happier and make others happier. Yet, he still wondered, when he saw Dan 'flirting' in that chill way he did, or when they got in little arguments and Dan would roll his eyes and stop replying—if Dan ever started to miss not having to deal with anyone. Because it doesn't matter if someone is mad at you if you really don't care.

When he saw the mysterious old Dan in him it really made him wonder if some days he woke up and wished he'd never gotten with Phil in the first place. So he decided to ask him.

"Hey, Dan." He said, looking at him sideways, "Can I ask you something you might hate me for?"

Dan furrowed his eyebrows. "That's not possible, but alright."

Phil smiled slightly. "Well, I've just been wondering...do you ever regret sort of...getting with me?"

Dan looked disgusted. "What the fuck, no??? Is that even a question?"

Phil sighed. "Well, it's not exactly like that. I just mean...do you ever regret changing? Like starting to feel things and then to just...have someone who could potentially actually hurt you."

"No regerts."

Phil laughed. "Shut up, I'm serious."

"I don't know how, of course I don't regret it. Not in the slightest. I mean...sometimes when I'm about to cry I guess I miss not feeling. But crying is better than I thought, really. It's good. You're good."

Phil huffed. "Well, I'll believe you I guess. It's just such a big change. You were so closed off and then boom! You're open and happy and you just made your heart...your cold dead closed off heart...vulnerable."

Dan shook his head. "Now you've got it all wrong, Philip, my heart still isn't vulnerable."

"How not?"

"I gave it to you. And I know you will always keep it safe."

//

"Come on, tell me I'm a genius."

Phil rolled his eyes. "Yeah right. You don't deserve it."

"Are you kidding me?" Pj exclaimed, "I practically made this relationship happen."

"You came up with one plan. Which did work, so thank you for that. But you're not a genius."

"You have no idea how much I did for you two insignificant dirt monkeys to make a story out of your failure." Pj grumbled under his breath.

"I'm sorry what was that?"

Pj faked a smile. "Oh, nothing."

Phil felt a little uneasy for some reason he couldn't explain, but didn't say anything about it. "You do realize I do love you though, right? I'm really happy with, Dan. And you helped me a lot. You always have."

Pj paused as if something was bothering him slightly as well, meeting Phil's eyes nervously. "Right...you're welcome."

Phil grinned and pushed him. "You should at least look more smug it's almost as if you're playing pretend." He joked.

"Oh, you have no idea."

Phil furrowed his eyebrows. "No? Something wrong?"

"I mean, I guess. But it's so much to explain and I've already fucked this world over so many times. It's on to the next one after this. New hearts to break and revive. I love playing god, you know?"

"What?" Phil laughed nervously. "What are you on about?"

Phil couldn't shake the feeling that something was so off about
So off
Something was so off about Pj,
Pj
Ourlii.jpg

Pj sighs and snaps his fingers
Snap
and it's over.
Over.
Nothing is off it's all over.

"Nothing much, Phil." He smiles like a glitch, it's just something that doesn't fit. So out of place. When did he become so out of place?

"This is it." He says quietly, and Phil can't stop staring— feeling a jittery feeling like it really is it. "I'll miss you." Pj admits.

"Where are you going?"

"Out." He replied simply.

"This is so weird, wait what is happening?"

"I hope you like your happy ending. Don't worry it will be like I never left!"

"But-"

Snap
It's out of chapter.

Pj stands and turns to you, shaking his head. "Oh, stop peeping already. They're together just like you wanted, hm? Happy as planned. You should really get going, there's so many other worlds to watch. But this story is over, baby."

Snap