Chapter 12 (Citizens POV)

Hey Im updating on the same day so this is gonna be a short chapter FYI Its just kinda a different POV of the last chapter but just as important. Thanks!! :)

Chapter 12

(citizens POV)

I stand amongst th crowd, just anothr face. Im practically a no one already because im an 8 but that isnt important right now, no one is looking at me right now. No one wants to focus on the 15 year old bone thin blonde haired girl in the middle of them.I am right infront of th gate and i am the closest to the cage. I am the only 8 here amoung these thousands of 2's. But their eyes are trained on the cage in front of us. Where one of the selection girls is about to be slaughtered. I look up. She looks so brave. And willing to stand there and accept the fate given to her. If only she wasnt the rebel leader and a bad person because the bravery she has right now would be a great quality for the future queen. I see the king stand up. But i dont focus on him. While everyone else does I see a figure climbing. I see a thin girl with bright red hair climbing the fence.

I want to say something but in my habits of being an 8 I dont speak up. I feel as if i shouldnt be here and I dont want to be shot down. The king continues to blab on and on but i ignore him. Im to focused on the girl who is persistent on climbing. She drops into the cage and screams "WAIT!!" Everyone gasps. "MARLEE ISNT THE REBEL LEADER!!! IT'S.... ITS... ITS.... ME!" She screams, They are literaly 5 feet away from me. The girl with red hair looks down to the other other selection girl....Marlee i believe it is...  Marlee leans in to the red head and hisses, "What the heck do you think your doing America?! You already dug yourself deep dont dig yourself deeper!" Then screams, "NO!!! ITS ME!!! KILL ME!!!!" The guard doesnt know what to do and lowers the gun.

the king doesnt care, "JUST SHOOT THEM! THEY BOTH ARE LEADERS SHOOT!!!" Then prince Maxon jumps up and pushed the king out of the way. He stands frozen in front of it. Then another selection girl stands up and yells,"NO!!! THE REBEL LEADER ISNT ANY OF THEM ITS... ME!!!"The girl walks into the cage and the three girls hold hands. Im so surprised. I never expected this. then Price Maxon finally spoke and we all looked to him,"THIS IS NONSENSE, THESE 3 GIRLS RENT THE REBEL LEADERS THESE 3 GIRLS ARE BEST FRIENDS THEY WERE WILLING TO SACRIFICE THEIR LIVES DOWN BECAUSE.... BECAUSE THEY KNEW SHE WAS INNOCENT. AND FURTHER MORE I--" his father hastily pushes him away from the microphone,

"Thats enough son." His voice ecohs through the speakers. I shake in place terrified by the icyness in the kings voice, "What dad? What are you afraid of? These girls? Your afraid they will tell the world arent you? Your afraid they will tell everyone what you have done. Well Dad thats not their job.... It mine."The king stiffened "watch what your doing Maxon." he hisses.Prince Maxon grabs the microphone. "My country this man you call king, The man I call father, he is a hypocrite, he is working with Celeste and the rebels to eliminate the competition."the king laughs and leans into the microphone,

"Citizens I am sorry my son maxon doesnt do well watching people die. He is to lighthearted. Besides even if it was true what proof would you have." I never expected any of this to happen and I knew it wouldnt end well at all. "You want proof? Heres your proof." Prince Maxon turns around slowly. I see fresh scars on his back i knew they were fresh because i helped as a nurse in the 8 castes. They also looked to be slightly infected. . I turn around and look at the people around me. They are in shock. I turn back to see people from all directions headed toward the the stage. guns in hand. People are dropping dead all around me as rebels open fire I see red dot headed toward one girls hearts. Before i realize im climbing the fence because i know someone is getting shot and Im going to help.

Suddenly someone dives in the way and takes a bullet. I land on the ground quickly, i race over The girl with red hair sinks to her knees and grabs the shot girl, marlee... I believe. The other girl, Kriss. Was crying and in a state of shock. The shot girl was still alive but breathing harshly. She was mumblig something, "Merica, Please, you gotta. For --- for--- for--- me." She wimpered out. America the red head let tears fall onto marlees face, "No, I cant i cant Marlee... I'm Done." Marlee softly touched Americas face, "America lease promise me. I --- I need you too please its my--- my--- last wish."

America just cried, "I --- I- promise.." She says. I quickly walk over to them and pull out the needles and thread i keep in my pocket i touch Americas shoulder, "hold her stead." I say and the girl seems to understand. "Im kristen," I say, "Please let me help you." She nods with the little enery she has left. I begin to remove the bullet from her stomach and stitch it. im halfway done when the guards come and begin to take the girls away. The red head grabs my wrist, "She comes too." America says. The guards dont bother to argue because apperently she must be a person who pulls stnts like this a lot.

They take me in and place me with a ton of other nurses. They hand Marlee over to the other nurses and rush her into the emergency room. All I can do is hope. The queen comes in 5 minutes later. She stumbles aound.  Obviously in shock. No other nurses are here they all went to help Marlee. I thought fast nd got a strecher located near me and helped the queen onto it. I calmed her down and she began to breathe regular again. Suddenly a voice from behind me came. "where did you learn to do that?" It was a Doctor.

I pause, "I-- uh.... I was a nurse helping the 8s..." I say. The doctor comes over to me, "How would you lika a permenate position as a nurse here?" he asked. "really?" i said i thought he was kidding. "Yes." he said. i smiled. But my moment was cut short as I heard cries come from the emergency room. I saw the prince rush in. I couldnt believe what happened. They wheel out the body of the girl.

Tell me what you think of kristen and tell me what POV next thanks!!!!!!!!!!