chapter 2 (Maxon's POV)

Okay so I'm starting from the end of chapter 33. Enjoy! And shout out to one of my followers Kimpa11173789 who is also writing a selection fanfic, but the king is nice, it's really good and I encourage all of you to check it out! It’s called the selection (where the king is nice.) And I have to say it's one of the best selection fanfics I have ever read!!

Chapter 2

(Maxon's POV)

"Clarkson! You’re needed in the monitoring room." My dad looked deep into me as if he was staring deep into my soul. He pointed a finger at me, "This isn't over." He said then turned down the hall as my mom lead him to the room. I headed to my room and laid on my bed, sleep won't come easy tonight, because I realized, he wasn't afraid of me. And even worse he wasn't afraid to hurt America.

I woke up to the sun shining into my window. I needed to find America, and give her the choice to leave I made a promise to myself before this competition started that I wouldn't hold anyone here against their will, and I intend to keep it. I started to walk down the hall I looked around every corner to see if America was there. Then I heard footsteps from the hallway in front of me. I looked up. I was hoping to see America. But sadly I saw Celeste. Not that's there's anything wrong with her I just don't think we really... Connect......

My dad adored Celeste, I don't know why, I guess it might be because, she's a model, and I'm into photography. I just don't connect with her personality and I get the feeling she wants the crown more than me. She smiled at me, "Maxon, great news! We found out who controlled the rebels! Follow me!" She insisted, before I could deny it she was pulling me down the rest of the hallway.

She pulled me into a small room on the corner. It was pitch black in there suddenly Celeste’s hand released from mine and the room went silent. "Celeste!" I said a little intimidated she would leave me in a dark closet. "This isn't funny! Come out now!" I demand her. I hear a loud collect of laughs from around me. I'm not alone with this psychopath woman. The lights flicker on. And my face is inches from a rebels. He is a tall man maybe a head taller than me, He has deep brown hair, and blue eyes. And he's wearing a murderous smile. I screamed and stumbled backwards. There were rebels behind me too. One caught me and said,

"Watch yourself your highness... on second thought..." Then he let me drop. I heard a laugh from the corner. Celeste. The rebels saw the look of despite on my face. They grabbed me and restrained me. Celeste stepped out, "maxon, sweetheart... You were an idiot, just like your daddy said, and you do just go for a pretty face don't you. You have to realize America doesn't like you at all." I was hurt badly by that but I knew she was only trying to intimidate me. I wasn't going to let it work.

"You’re wrong Celeste. I was blind in not realizing it was you, but America has nothing to do with this." I say, she smiles, "On the contrary she has everything to do with this. You and I know she has the power to start a revolution, she so stupid though she doesn't see it. And I need to use this to my advantage so you listen to me, You have been head over heels for her this whole competition, it's no fair for the other 9 girls here, so guess what you’re playing my game now, or else..."

I smile, "what can you do to me?!" I smirk, she smiles at me, "It seems you/ have misunderstood, I meant or else, America will be eliminated." I growl. I felt sick to my stomach. "First go into the hall." The rebels threw me into the hall. I pulled my back against the wall, Celeste walked out with a smirk on her face. The rebels pulled me up, she gestured for the rebels to follow her. Then I saw my father at the end of the hallway, even though I don't have the best relationship with him America was in danger.

"FATHER! It was celeste all along!" He smiled and shook his head, "I know you idiot, how stupid are you." He says when I reached him. "Celeste you know what to do." he says, she smiled and nodded then took my wrist and dragged me around the corner. "Okay maxon this is a dead end hall. We will sit at this small table. and my rebels will be placed at the wall across from us, with loaded pistols, when America comes looking for you to check on you from the rebels incident I will say thanks you for loving me and you will say something that you would say to America, if you don't then the rebels won't hesitate to shoot her." She says,

I gulp, I know this will hurt America more than the bullets but if she dies then that's on me. I can't bear that, I will explain this to the guards and America later, if she is willing to listen, "Oh and if you tell anyone, we will kill her." She says. I gulp harder, because I know she is telling the truth. I hear footsteps. I pray it's not America but with my luck today it just happened to be her. I hear her call my name, Celeste quickly handcuffed me to the chair. The cuffs dug into my skin. "Show time she whispered in my ear, then pressed her lips firmly against mine. I pulled back hastily and spit. I hear America's footsteps stop when she hears Celeste's voice,  "Maxon, you’re so sweet, do you mean that!" she says, I hesitate and roll my eyes. I didn't want to say anything.

 I hear a bullet being clicked into its chamber come from behind me and the words rushed out of my mouth but I aimed it at America not Celeste.  "I promise, I love you, there's no one else I'd rather be with."  I prayed America knew it was meant for her.  I thought that was it and the pain for her was over but I was wrong, like way wrong my dad went up to her I heard him say to her,"I told you." He whispered in her ear, "He found another pretty face and he loves Celeste not you, I know you heard him. Don't doubt me, you will be gone in no time." my heart sank now she believed my dad she would never trust me ever again.

 I had to get to her but I have a feeling I am under lock and key for a while. I HATE BEING USED! After a few minutes of sitting silently Celeste stood up and took off my handcuffs, "Good boy Maxon." She said as if I was a pet. I was so filled with rage I shoved her back she hit the corner of the wall and fell back. The rebels ran to help her get up and I made my get away sprint. I had a feeling that the rebels couldn't run after me because they would give away their location in the castle if a guard spots them. I throw my shoe down a random hallway incase my theory was wrong the rebels would run down that hallway after me instead. I had to find America, if told her and they didn't know then she would be safe. I hurry down the hallways I was in such a hurry I ran into a few walls.

 I finally reach America's room. I knock on the door I have to hurry if the rebels can't come after me Celeste will. America answers, she looks up to meet my eyes, hers grew wide and scared and what hurt me the most was they looked sad and terrified, she was scared of me, she stared to slam the door but I shove my foot in the way. "America, just give me a second to talk to you please" she stood at the door silent for a while before she said, "No. Maxon, I'm not talking with you." my heart sank, she wouldn't make eye contact with me, she looked to her maids for assistance, Lucy got up and walked over to me, as America sat back down keeping her back to me, she seemed broken badly this time I'm terrified she won't jump back. She might be broken badly beyond repair.

 No. it's not true, she can be fixed and go back to normal... I think.... I hope, Lucy started talking and I didn't hear her words, the look on her face said leave, so I bowed and she smiled, then I left. Celeste will be ticked. I ran back down the stairs into the hallway I threw my shoe. They hadn't been there yet, Celeste slowly appeared and she slapped my face. It stung, "MAXON! YOU WILL ABIDE BY MY RULE DO YOU HEAR ME! I SWEAR I HAVE BEEN DYING O KILL HER AND I WON'T HESITATE TO, ANOTHER SLIP LIKE THIS AND I WILL DO IT MYSELF!" she hissed at me, I nodded my head, I wanted America's safety. That’s all I care about.

Okay I hope you understand now why Maxon did what he did please recommend a POV for next chapter thanks! And don't forget to dftba (Don't forget to be awesome.) thanks to all you john green fans out there who understood that! And if you didn't read it above let me write it again, Kimpa11173789 who is also writing a selection fanfic, but the king is nice, it's really good and I encourage all of you to check it out! It’s called the selection (where the king is nice.) And I have to say it's one of the best selection fanfics I have ever read!!