Chapter 5 (Maxon's POV)

Hey guys I hope you all enjoyed the last chapter, please enjoy this one too!

Chapter 5

(Maxon's POV)

I control my breathing which has been rough and harsh for the last hour as I think things through, I pace around my room, how long has America known about Celeste.... Okay, she was kidnapped right after Celia was, she managed to escape the rebels, and she saved Celia's life for pushing her out of the way of the gun. Then she came back and started acting strange. So she must have found out sometime in between her kidnapping and her return. So she has known for a few weeks now...

I wonder why she didn't tell me, then I realize, she must have been risking someone's life if she did. I wonder who...Now know why she wanted to leave so bad, Aspen was there and she knew who the rebel leader was. And Celeste, aka the rebel leader, has been tormenting her. And someone's life was at risk... She could have saved herself from this mess so easily but I didn't let her. It's all my fault.

I fall onto my bed and moan, is this how America felt when she knew and wasn't allowed to tell anyone? I needed to stop thinking of America and start thinking of the situation at hand. I stare at the ceiling. There was a knock at my door, I needed to take extra precaution so I ask, "Who is it." A woman answers back from the other side of the door, "Christina, Your nurse, I need to check if you’re okay." I open the door and let her in, Christina was my nurse since I was a little boy.

She was actually in the selection with my mom and she was my mother’s best friend, that's how she got the job. I had the flu really bad once and it was her first day and she helped me get well with her secret homemade medicine. She was the kindest person I knew right now. She spun around her bright green eyes bloomed and she had a beaming smile, "Okay, Maxon please sit down." She says, I obey. "Did you get hurt at all, you carried Lady America in and she was pretty battered, does anything hurt?" She ask genuinely concerned.

I glanced down and said, "Just my wrist." She slowly grabs my wrist and examined it closely. "Well," she said after a long examination, "It's not broken, but it is sprained." She says. I smile, "Thanks Christina." She smiles and tousles my hair. I wave bye to her as she leaves the room. "I will be back with a brace for you." She says before officially leaving.