Chapter 7 (Maxon's POV)

IMPORTANT PLEASE READ!!!!

Okay so I know some of you are probably a little confused right now, I have to admit it is a little confusing, some of the things will become clear as I continue but others won't so if it will help here is a summary: Maxon knows Celeste is the rebel leader, he is officially Celeste's royal puppet, he can't tell anyone it's her because she will kill America. America is clueless that Maxon knows and heartbroken so she doesn't want to hear what he has to say (because she's stubborn like that), then Maxon witnesses Celeste threating America, America becomes unconscious for a long time, And in that time Maxon plots ways to eliminate her without hurting America.

Chapter 7

(Maxon's POV)

It's been twelve days and I still have heard nothing from America. I glance at my clock, 11:23PM I glows red.I needed to check on her. I head down the marble stairs and into the infirmary. Christina was standing outside her door signing off on a few sheets of paper. I wave her over. She smiles and walks over.

"Hey Maxon, whats up?" She asks, I love how un-formal she can be we were like close friends. I glance at America's room and she seems to understand what I mean to ask her, she pats my shoulder, "She's fine Maxon, she woke up today, She was just a little tired and her head hurt, we gave her some shots and now she is just resting, you can go in if you like." I smile and nod, "That would be great."

I leave Christina and head straight for America's room, I hope she will be able to hear me and get a sense of what I'm saying, I walk in and the first thing I see is a strand of red hair glistening in the moon light coming through the window. I walk up to her, she looks exhausted, I can see dark bags under her eyes and she is decently pale. I tuck a piece of hair behind her ear out of habit.

I didn't know what to say, I was so tired myself I didn't know I was speaking until a few sentences into it, "America, If you can hear me, I just want you to know, I'm sorry, I was stupid. I had no clue what you went through. If you hear me, all I want is to talk to you. So when you wake please come to me. I know I am a dreamer you probably can't hear me right now but, this is the only way I can talk to you right now... other than the gardens I feel like your out there with me. And I miss you, I want you to come back to me, like your happy self or um... what ever mood you were always in... well basically whatever mood you were in before....before it all went bad."

I was stuttering and saying really stupid things, I didn't know what to do, then I thought, should I tell her I know it's Celeste, even though she can't hear me? Then I realized it was way too risky, Celeste's rebels could be anywhere and if America can't hear me and I attempt t tell her and they overhear then she would be killed. I realize I hesitated for a while and then I decided I should just finish talking to her, and leave, it was risky enough coming down here.

I sigh, "Like I said I'm a big dreamer, I know you'll never forgive me." I sigh again, realizing I will have to leave. I sullenly get up and walk out of the room, Christin was no longer there. I head upstairs and into my room, where Celeste was waiting. She was draping herself against my wall. I step back, "How did you get in here?!" I ask a little scared. She smirks, "Your daddy." she says, "He's actually quite helpful." She smiles and pats my cheek. I step back, "Where were you?" She asks, I wasn't gonna tell her I was down in the infirmary.

So I lie, "I was taking a stroll, in the gardens." She laughs, "No you weren't, my rebels are dressed as guards out there they would have told me." She said. I was in shock, "Their-their- dressed as guards?!" I nearly yell. She laughs, I thought you'd figure that out by now!" She is now in a laughing fit. "You are really an idiot. Your daddy is right." I had a theory that my dad was working with her, it was proven right.

Now I have one question well technically more than one but I have one MAIN question. WHY? why would my dad team with her, I mean seriously he has done a lot of bad things in his time but... This?

I look up at Celeste, "You can't hide like this forever, I will find a way to kick you out." She laughs, "will you? Maxon seriously, if you kick me out I will plan the biggest attack on the castle ever. You think the recent attacks were bad, times that by one hundred. And remember that not only will hundreds of people die but America will too, its all your choice." She smirks as she see defeat in my eye. My stomach knots and knots until I feel so twisted that I want to be released from the world.

I can't look her in the eye anymore, "oh, and this wasn't the only reason I came here. Some people here are on my trail, and I need to shake them off, so here's the plan. Marlee is going to take the blame for everything here. And if you resist I will kill every soul here. Dont doubt me, America, Your Mom, dead and all your fault. You have to say it was Marlee and have her punished." I Hang my head, "She innocent." I mumble loud enough for her to hear.

She laughs, "exactly a little too innocent at that." My heart throbs even though there's nothing between Marlee and I that I know of I do know she did nothing to deserve a big punishment like this. Probably even a death sentence. I gulp. Celeste leans in to me her words are like poison, "remember.what.happens.if.you. resist." I nod slowly. I can't resist her, Im her puppet and if I don't do as she commands she cuts The string leaving me helpless and watching the ones I love die.

I nod to get away from her and head to my room. I quickly go to sleep. I dream an awful dream, I am chained to the wall in a cellar, im filthy and in pain, I look up through the bars that are just barely giving me enough sunlight and its nice and sunny day, I suddenly hear a blood curdling scream from down the hall, the sun quickly turned to rain, the sky grew dark, I scan the cell and the person screams again. I can hear what they say this time, "MAXON!" I and see a rebel appear through the bars of my cell. I see a small figure with bright red hair limp to a corner, the rebels was standing in front of America, She screamed again but it was silenced as she was violently kicked in the ribs she collapsed in on herself. "Maxon." She gasps. I don't realize I'm crying. then the man pulled out a gun. America is crying, shes in pain and she knows he will kill her. "America!" I scream, she doesn't hear me. Then the gun goes off. Americas body goes limp. And I see America bloody, on the ground. The blood is the same shade as her fiery hair. She is moaning and her eyes are glassy as they roll to the back of her head. I try to run to her but Im chained to a wall. I yank and yank on the chains but they don't budge. I cry for help but it does noting the rebel who I had thought was a man has turned to face me. But it wasn't a man, it was Celeste. She smiled at me and whispered, "I told you I'd kill her." She kicked America on last time before cackling and walking away. I cry and scream with rage which is pointless, she is gone. America is gone, everyone's gone. Its just me now. I cry and cry and scream until my throat is raw,"DAMN YOU!" I scream. I hear a faint cackle from upstairs. She was enjoying this.

Suddenly I was aroused from my nightmare to Christina pounding on my door, "MAXON! MAXON WAKE UP ITS A DREAM, YOUR SCREAMING, YOUR OKAY. ITS ALL OKAY!" I throw the blankets off me and race to the bathroom, my cheeks soaked in tears. I quickly wash my face and go to the door. Christina looks terrified and yet relieved, "Your okay?" she asks. I nod. he smiles. "Good. Well I have to go, America still needs tending too but I will check on you later." I force a smile and nod. She leaves.

Then I remember why I locked myself in my room again. I had to blame an innocent person for a crime they didn't commit, and they would die for it. And the person was Marlee.

Please recommend a POV and if you haven't yet, read the top of the page with my authors note, thanks!