chapter 3 (America's POV)

Okay so I hope you enjoy the story so far and if you like Doctor Who Katiekat_10 is gonna be your favorite writer EVER!!!!!!!

Chapter 3

(America's POV)

I continue to sit with my maids, we are now playing black Jack. They taught me how to play. I have to say, I'm not bad at it. But I am sad to admit, it's all the luck of the draw and it takes no skill on my behalf. I look down at my cards, I have a king and an 8. I look back up at Lucy who is the dealer. She smiles when she sees me making eye contact again.  The sun behind her glowed through the window. It lightened her face and gave her a honey glow.

I glanced at the clock, it read 12:04. In the time since Maxon left I completely forgot about him. And all my other problems. All that matters now was he card game, and for the first time, I'm enjoying myself at the castle. I let out a sigh before noticing Lucy and the other maids were staring at me. It must be my turn. I glance down at my cards again before saying, "Stay." She smiled and looked at Mary, She glanced down at her cards and said, "Hit." She says, Lucy slides her a card she flips it up, it’s a queen.

She looks at her original cards then back at the queen before jumping up from the table screaming, "BLACK JACK!!!! I GOT BLACK JACK!"  She yells and bounces up and down, I have never seen her so happy. I couldn't help but sneak a smile. We were playing with m&m's she just bet 10 so now she gets 30. She sits back down after 5 minutes of squealing, I laugh a little as she bounces up and down like an eager child. Then I heard Lucy say, "Uh oh....Mary we are out of M&M's..." Mary stopped bouncing and sent an angry glance at Lucy. "WHAAT?!" Mary yells, Lucy shrinks down a little, then Lucy showed her the bag.

Since we were out of M&M's I decided to postpone the game. Mary stands up and points at Lucy and says, "You owe me 20 M&M's." Lucy smiles, I suddenly get the feeling she ate them. My maids quickly clean up, I sat on the edge of my bed and smoothed the sheets, I watched them finish, I wanted to help and I have tried before   but they made me stop and gave me a LONG lecture over how it was their job and not mine, and I didn't want to go through that again so I simply watched. When they finished each of them pulled up a chair and we sat in silence before Lucy bravely asked, "Lady America, what happened between you and prince Maxon?" I tensed I was caught off guard.