Chapter 9 (Maxon's POV)

So I was actually planning on updating like a day after the last one but then that day I got a concussion and I wasn't allowed to think or use tech for a week! Really sorry!

Chapter 9

(Maxon's POV)

I have been pacing my room for hours trying to find the right words to say. I speak them in my head. America just listen to me I promise Im telling the truth! No to firm..... America before I start I want to say, I know about Celeste.... No to risky..... America I'm being controlled to do these awful things please believe me! No.... UGH!!!! This has gotten to complicated, Should I wing it? yes I think that will be easier on me.... I sigh and look at the time, 11:46.

I needed to head down there to the south wing. I begin to leave my room stretching myself along through the shadows and into the south wing. I wait for several minutes. Finally America shows up. She looks tired her hair is a little messy and she looks like she just woke up... Maybe she did... America finally makes her way to me, she places a hand on her hip, "What did you want to-" she's cut off because I cup a hand over her mouth. she's mumbling furiously. I pull her close to muffle the sound and I pull up the picture frame behind me and reveal a button. I push it and my families secret library opens. I push America gently through. I walk in after and I see her stumble. she spins around and slaps me. "WHAT THE HELL MAXON!?" She hisses.

She looks around the room, "Where am I?" She asks. Enraged. "The secret library, only me and my family and a few guards know about it... Please just listen America, I know we haven't always been on the best... uh... understanding lately...." She cuts in, "You think! Maxon, you lied to me, you broke my heart. Your not who I thought you were. You say you love me and when you think Im not around you go and tell someone else you love them more than anyone! What hurts me the most is its CELESTE! You don't know her she's awful! Your no better than aspen I want him back more than anything right now and I wish you were dead instead of him! And now your killing Marlee and she's innocent I know her! She didn't do anything I swear! God why can't you die or just eliminate me already!" She yells.

I am beginning to cry, she continues talking, "Maxon please let me out." She says a little more calm. I shake my head, "Not yet America, you have to listen to me, they are gonna come looking for me soon please!" I say. She looks confused and crosses her arms.

"America, I know about Celeste, she is using me to hurt you. She is making me frame Marlee because people are onto her case. She has half the rebels here disguised as guards! She made me hurt you by saying those things about loving her when you were around and if I didn't she would have you killed. I watched her hurt you America it ended you in the hospital for twelve days!" I want to say more but I stop. America is crying.

I seem to be able to do that, make women cry... suddenly America wiped her tears with the back of her hand. "Celeste did it?" She asked, "Celeste put me in the hospital for a 12 days?" She shivered. I reached out to hug her but thought better of it and I nodded. "I'm so sorry." She looked at the floor and shuffled her feet. She is taking in the new information. After a few minutes she looked up, still not making eye contact with me. "Why are you sorry Maxon? According to the nurses you saved me, you couldn't have done anything to stop her." Her hair fell into her face.

I wanted to brush it back but I knew now wasn't the time. I decided to answer, "Well... Thats the thing, I could have tried... She was beating you in your room. I was in the garden and I heard people talking in your room. I knew you were really mad at me so I decided to look up to just see who was in your room. I saw her punch you and you weren't fighting back. Finally you collapsed and I was shocked at what I was seeing because she promised not to hurt you if I kept her secret. She noticed that I saw you being hit and she picked you up and threw you over the edge of the balcony. I ran and caught you and went straight to the nurse. I told her that I had no clue what happened to you and that I found you like that..." I decided to stop because she was crying again she looked up.

She made eye contact I could finally see her beautiful icy blue eyes, filled with tears. "Maxon, it takes a lot to be noble. Even when I shut you out you kept an open door for me. I can't believe that a person would go this far to prove a point. You are obviously noble. But why did you go this far for me? Im not worth this trouble." She says. I smile and shake my head, "that's where your wrong, America you are worth all the trouble in the world. I love you. Thats why, no matter what people said or what I had to do I did it because I love you." She started crying again. "what's wrong?" I ask, she crys some more, "Maxon, your just like Aspen. You would die because you love me." She crys some more.

I need to calm her down, "America please stop crying, I know you really loved Aspen too. But I promise you when this thing is over it will all be okay and we will both be safe." I say. She wipes her tears and nods. "Maxon?" she says finally, "What now?" She sounded terrified, I thought about the question... what now? WHAT NOW!? I just put her in more danger with her knowing and Im setting myself up to fail.

"I- I don't know... Maybe just act like I didn't tell you?" I suggest. She shakes her head, "Maxon, I know the truth now and I we try to keep it a secret nothing will change you will still be her puppet and I will be tortured!" She says. She has a point... But we can't just go up to Celeste and say, We know now because I told America! I thought. Suddenly America's eyes lit up, "MAXON! We can plot a way to take her down, she needs to be eliminated somehow! I can help!" she bounces with joy and its the first time I see her smile in for what feels like eternity!

"Okay, as long as your careful." I say. she smiles and nods. then leans in close to my ear and whispers, "Im sorry." I look confused at her, "For what?" She hugged me I wrapped my arms around her and she mumbles into my shirt, "for not listening to you." I hold her close for the next several minutes until we break apart. She yawns, "Maxon I should go, we have a big meeting tommorow with Silvia." I nod as we head out of the room hand in hand.

We turn a few corners before she leans in close to my ear again. I listen, "Maxon, can we still tug our ears to let each other know we have to talk? Would that be a good idea?" She asked. I smile at her, "My dear, that would be a wonderful idea." She hits me playfully on the arm, "Don't call me that.' She laughs quietly.

We walk the rest of the way in silence until we have to part and head our separate ways. I head up the stairs still dazed at how fast things were smoothing over. I quickly walk the rest of the way up the stairs and sigh, it was a good sigh, a pleasant one for sure. I quickly walked into my room. And I was about to sit on my bed when I see a shadow move from the corner of my room.

the figure stepped out of the shadows, the person had a whip in their hands....

"Father?!"

OKAY Really sorry for the super short chapter I just really needed to update because I falling behind because of my STUPID concussion! hope you enjoyed please recommend a POV next thanx! I LOVE all of you!!!!!!!!