12 | better together

———

chocolate cakes, misspelled banners, and nine screaming kids — now that's what we called a welcome back party.

of course jisung's family wasn't really fond of that, but what could we do? they were the one's who agreed to their son's plan on hanging out with us and then letting us stay overnight. we all learn from our mistakes eventually.

having jisung back felt great, and maybe not everyone was willing to admit it — but the boy's bubbly and adorable presence could never be possibly replaced.

he arrived late at night but still invited us over later on the same day, and so here we were.

before me, seungmin and jeongin were in an intense battle of monopoly, with chan helping the maknae because the poor boy was being demolished — ever since woojin and hyunjin left the game to get everyone snacks. watching them, minho and jisung sat close, shoulder by shoulder and hand in hand.

we can all conclude that those two missed each other the most.

but then again who am i to talk, when there i was, sitting on the floor with my eyes on the board game as felix sat between my legs, my arms locked securely around his stomach as he leaned back into my chest.

his hair smelled like lavenders, a scent that i've started to associate with the bright australian boy who always made me smile and always held my hand. even now, as his fingers traced circles into the skin of my palms.

i've occasionally caught curious glances from jisung, and each time our gazes locked; he smiled warmly at me.

because he knew how lonely i felt at times, and it was the type of loneliness that couldn't be simply replaced by a friend. and seeing me now, content in felix's affection — he too, felt complete; especially with minho by his side.

when woojin and hyunjin came back, a stack of biscuits and jellies between them, the youngsters gave up on their monopoly war and ran for the treats. chan just sighed heavily.

it was nearing eight, and looking out through jisung's living room window, i realised i'd have to skip my evening cycle, which i didn't mind for once in a lifetime.

felix was munching on a packet of fruit-pastel sweets, sugar on his fingertips as he popped some into my mouth as well. somewhere in the distance — i could hear woojin whispering to hyunjin about it, fanboying and teasing me like he always did whenever i was with felix.

"how about a round of animal kingdom?" seungmin suggested, beaming as his smile overlapped his cheeks, "the loser has to clean up the mess!"

passing glances, we all silently agreed that neither of us were willing to clean up, and so we all inched into a circle and explained the rules to felix who stared into nothingness for a moment, comprehending the words in his head.

to my obvious absence of luck, i ended up losing with barely two minutes into the game; after thoughtlessly messing up jeongin's animal. the guys burst into laughtets, pointing harmlessly as my head sunk low and i began to pick up the empty bags of snacks and candy wrappers.

stacking my hands with the rubbish, the others continued into a second round. "whoever loses this time has to be kissed by changbin!" minho exclaimed, wiggling his eyebrows and earning a shoulder slap from jisung as they began the game, this time more careful because no one wanted to receive such a punishment in relation to me.

i left them for a moment, carrying the trash into the kitchen's bin just next door. faintly, i could still hear their claps that increased with speed, and the echo of hyunjin's elephant and seungmin's snake that seemed to be picked on the most.

and when i came back, no one even acknowledged my presence — all too busy with the intensity of the game.

from jisung to jeongin to chan and back to jisung, the turn landed on felix who meowed and passed it on.

except for the fact that he passed it back to himself, accidentally repeating his own animal, a cat, and therefore losing the round.

everyone erupted into chaos as felix rolled around the floor, his cheeks smeared pink from both embarrassment of losing and realisation of what was to happen next.

woojin and jisung exchanged smirks, pulling me and felix towards each other as they chanted for me to complete the dare. together they cooed, cameras set and eyes laughing, "—changbinie has to kiss felix~."

i wasn't processing the situation, mindstruck and too surprised to react as felix watched me with sudden shyness.

but once i sat closer, kneeling beside him — his overdramtic-self kicked in. and in the next moment, felix was laughing, screaming, and choking on air all at the same time.

i sighed heavily, "yah!" i placed my hands on his jawline, inching forwards, suddenly making him freeze.

his eyes stared right at me, digging around in my head as he relaxed under my touch and stopped with the act. and for a second, i thought he could see it in me that i actually wanted to kiss him, that it wasn't just our loser luck.

behind us, the rest of the guys grew extremely quiet, their faces hidden behind their recording phones; which for some reason didn't really bother me at this point.

"they're all watching," felix whispered so only i could hear.

"well let them watch and take notes then," i huffed a small laugh, leaning so close that our noses touched.

i heard felix hitch a breath, mouth parted open a little as everyone else in the room froze.

with my heartbeat echoing loud in my system, i smirked and landed my lips onto felix's left cheek.

and with that, hell broke loose with screaming fanboys in the background and a mad-blushing felix in my hands — and with my own flustered reflection staring right back at me through his eyes.

———

written: january 18, 2018 | 17:46pm

: logging into wattpad has become my favourite part of the day, thank you for your love and support♡