10 | jupiter

———

i woke up in an empty bed, lostly pondering around the room with my eyes as i felt oddly uncomfortable and - cold.

uh, excuse you life; it's like summer.

i lay around for a long while, the blanket tugged over my shoulders as i scrolled through my phone. i wasn't the type of person to waste the day in bed, but for some reason, i was in a mood to do so.

through the gap between my curtains, i could sneak a view of the weather outside. the grey clouds didn't look as appealing, and simply encouraged me to keep up doing nothing as it rolled closer to noon.

that's when my door suddenly slammed open and my phone fell flat on my face, probably leaving a dent on the bridge of my nose as i tried not to curse out loud.

"yah are you still sleeping?" felix laughed, his head popping from the threshold as i rubbed my face awake.

"well obviously not," i muttered, pulling myself further into bed, "if you're calling me down for breakfast, tell my mom that i'm not hungry."

that was a lie, i was starving, but i was also too lazy to get up.

"well what if i told you that i brought you some breakfast instead? are you still not hungry?" felix smirked and walked into the room with a mug of milk and an omelette plate balancing on both of his hands.

i leapt up, sitting, "oh my god food!"

felix laughed at my reaction, closing the door behind him as he joined me by sitting on the bed. he reached to hand me the dish but then stopped, something running in his eyes. "i'll give it to you if you complete a dare," he tilted his head.

"yah that's unfair!" i protested.

"well i cooked it so shut up," he objected and i sunk into a pout.

"what do you want me to do then?" i desperately eyed the steaming meal with my hungry eyes.

he hummed, thinking for a moment. "act cute?" he suggested with a playful chuckle.

"a-aegyo?" i stuttered.

"yup," he nodded with a laugh, taking out his phone and starting to record.

"aish i really hate you right now," i huffed a sigh and closed my eyes before erupting into the most overly-exaggerated version of oppaya.

from finger hearts to clicking to pouts and so on, i burned red and hid myself into my blanket once i was done. felix was screeching and fanboying, clinging onto me as he dramatically cringed but laughed loudly.

he then proceeded to watch the video, bursting into tears with each replay. and i just wanted to disappear. forever.

felix left the plate for me on my bedside table, and i ate it all in a moment's grace after my temporary recovery. i was quietly sipping on my milk when the younger boy faced me with his usual bright smile. "you're so adorable, stop it already," he punched my shoulder lightly.

"yah do you wanna fight?" i called out.

but felix just pinched my cheeks and mumbled, "cute."

i momentarily set my mug down and attacked the taller boy with tickles. he tried to get away, screaming like he did - laughing at the same time as my hands settled on his sides and endlessly ran along his skin.

he was kicking his legs, pushing me off. but even though i was shorter in height, i was stronger than him, and i used that to my advantage.

"sto-" he hiccuped, "-op!"

but i never did, and so he tried to pull my hands away. seeing him sneaking up like that, my reflexes ended up pinning his wrists down right above his shoulders, next to his flushed-red ears.

and for a moment, everything stopped. felix was panting, hicupping every other second but other than that - his eyes were big and his cheeks were painted pink as he bit his bottom lip.

i realised then that i was basically straddling his waist, my face hinched low as i watched him closely. his features were dimmed by the slight darkness of the room, but even so, i could allocate every freckle on his skin.

felix's freckles were my weakness, and that was an obvious fact.

"take a picture," he whispered as i stared, "-it lasts longer."

never breaking away, i muttered back, "i would, but flash photography scares animals."

felix burst into a soft laugh, "aish, that's so overused," he was cut off by a hiccup.

but i couldn't think of anything else to say, not when he was so close to me and my heart was beating like crazy.

felix equally stared back, but his hands slowly escaped my grasp and found their way to my hips.

his fingers against my skin felt like fire, and boy did he know what he was doing to me.

it wasn't showing on his face that remained completely unfazed except for the hiccups, but his hands told a completely different story.

he traced shapes along the hem of my shirt and to wherever it slipped onto my lower back. and i don't know why, but i never wanted him to stop.

it wasn't dirty, it was nothing like that. felix's tender touch was reassuring, it was careful and fragile.

"let's stay in and have a kdrama marathon," i suddenly proposed.

for a moment, felix didn't reply as he comprehended my suggestion. but then, a smile grew on his lips, a contagious one that spread onto me as well. "as long as i get to cuddle with you, then i'm in."

i beamed, pulling him into a messy hug as we rolled around in bed.

"what are we watching?" felix asked.

"how about an old time classic?"

"such as?"

"descendants of the sun is always the perfect solution," i chuckled.

and that's exactly how we spent that day.

———

written: january 11, 2018 | 03:32am