07 | nocturne

---

i cleared my throat for the tenth time that minute and that must have been a record, but even so, chan and felix continued to laugh in australian and totally ignored me.

they were fluently conversing with each other in english, and though it was really cool at first - after a very short while, i felt excluded.

when chan spoke english with me and jisung, it was sniplets of phrases and jokes that neither of us could understand. his famous 'like mate, stop procastinating' took us at least a year to interpret, since he just always shrugged us off instead of defining it. long story short, me and jisung; we were never amazed or surprised by chan's english that was like a heavenly talent in korea. in honesty, we were extremely used it, and often took it as nothing special.

but then felix, oh felix was a different story.

never have i thought that hearing someone speak a foreign language could be so - so charming?

his deep voice, and his accent, and the way the unfamiliar words rolled off his tongue - it was too much to handle then and there as we walked towards the town square.

i cleared my throat again, "yah!" i called at them, swinging my arms in hopes to get their attention. "i"m here too and i'm in need of love and affection," i pouted.

chan rolled his eyes at me, cringing at my aegyo attempt as he always did. while on the other side, felix turned to me and started laughing. not a mocking laugh, but just one of his usual adorable ones.

i stomped off ahead, pretending to be mad at the two, but felix managed to catch my elbow just in time and pull me back into their row as we walked at the same pace. his body suddenly seemed much closer than before, and his hand never dropped the gentle grip on my upper arm.

"you're right, sorry i got excited," felix tilted his head and chuckled.

"i don't blame you, chan's always trying to steal my friends," i eyed the older boy.

"yah!" chan tried to get a hold of me but i dodged him by hiding behind felix, for once grateful that i was a bit shorter than everyone else.

we were acting like kids, as per always, picking play fights and teasing each other. but we never meant harm, it's just the way we were.

"alright before you two kill each other, what's this about so i can at least defend someone in court," felix pulled us apart, laughing in the process.

"well you see," i began, pulling a dictator's voice, "it's a typical joke i use on him because he gets along so well with everyone, constantly taking care of anything possible."

"yeah, he even gets jealous at times, right changbinnie?" chan teased me, poking my cheeks.

"don't call me that!" i protested, and soon enough we were fighting over a whole new matter; calling each other the names we hated to hear and making felix burst into uncontrollable laughs.

with that, we somehow made it to our destination alive. around us, people were already busy with their every-day lives as well as helping out clearing the aftermath of the passing storm.

we saw a couple of our friends; minho by a broken shop window, hyunjin and woojin carrying boxes up and down the street, jeongin sweeping the sidewalks, and then seungmin with a sack of fallen leaves in his hands.

"i'm gonna go help jeongin out," chan pointed at the younger boy in the distance, "let's meet up later and have a meal or something?"

"yeah i'll text you," i nodded as he ran off, waving a goodbye to me and felix who were left to ourselves again.

"you guys-" felix began in a whisper but lost his words as he looked around, "-what you do, it's like noble worthy."

"nah," i laughed, "we were just taught not to take things for granted."

i looked at him as he just stared at the details before adverting his eyes and focusing on me, which downright sent shivers down my spine.

"anyways," i stretched out the word, "let's go pick up so tools and start with the fountains since no one's at them," i swerved to my right and let felix follow me.

"the fountains?"

"basically cleaning the water from the leaves and other rubbish that flew in, but you don't have to do it," i assured him, "you're a visitor after all, i just had to- wanted you to come along rather than staying at home."

"i'd love to help though," he pouted, "besides, it's the least thing i could do for being able to stay here."

i chuckled, liking the sound of his words. "let's go then," i took his hand into mine, completely aware of my actions this time.

---

(filler) written: december 31, 2017 | 02:08am