4

Killian's POV

After getting the call from David I took no time to unravel my sleeping beauty from around my torso, frowning at her sleepless figure under the blankets. Yesterday night was the best, and I was glad it happened. Shaking my head I had to get down the business to see what the police had to say. So I placed a soft kiss on Emma's forehead.

Slowly creeping out of the bed not to wake Emma, I search in the need of my clothing to quickly put on.

Snatching my phone from off of the nightstand whilst now fully clothed I went downstairs. After slipping on my shoes I ran out the house towards my car with suspicion, worry, and irritable.

Finally, they actually had a lead on the person who is responsible for my Swan. and I was still determined to get her justice, our justice.

Jumping into my car, I turn on the engine and raced towards the police station.

My stomach dropped into the pit of my gut of the speed I was going, the closer I got the more my fingers sweat around the steering wheel as I clenched them tightly.

This can finally give me my closure. Finally, let me settle down with Emma. Ever since the accident happened I was more gentle, careful of everything being with her. Going to sleep beside her was the hardest, knowing I was the cause of it but this mysterious person was responsible. He or she was able to be free, roaming the world knowing what they have done to my Swan.

Every night I worry about Emma, and not knowing the person who wasn't behind bars for their doing made it even worse. For weeks now I haven't gotten much sleep. I'd die to protect her, all of her. And now I can finally rest in peace.

Reaching the station I quickly got out of my vehicle and went inside the familiar building with determination on my face, I was on a mission to finally put this person behind bars for what they've done.

"That was fast," David said amused as he saw me walk towards his way.

"So did you guys find the guy?" I eagerly questioned getting to the point.

"Follow with me to the office, Officer Hopper wants to speak with you," David replied.

Obligating I followed behind David towards the police officer. Once we were at his door, David knocked.

"Coming," said a male voice behind the door. Opening the door wide open Officer Hopper gave me a reassuring courtly nod.

"Mr. Jones, Mr. Nolan," Officer Hopper greeted the both of us into his office, "I'm glad you are here, I got some important news," his voice was stern but steady.

Emma's POV

The sunlight from the window shone brightly in my face blinding me. Fluttering my eyelids I opened my eyes fully awaken. Taking my fingers I removed my blonde hair from my face and rose from the bed. As the blanket slipped I blushed at my nakedness and quickly covered my chest. My core throbbed from last night quite sore, causing my cheeks to turn a shade darker.

Blinking and getting a clearer view I noticed Killian was gone. My heart sunk.

Where did he go?

Slipping out of the bed I grabbed my underwear and slipped them on then went into Killian's closet to retrieve one of his shirts. Running my finger through my blonde hair I went to grab my phone to check the time

1:48 it read.

I must have overslept.

Shutting it off I walked down the steps to find the house empty. Looking around the living area and kitchen, I didn't see any sign of anyone. I furrow my eyebrows.

Where was Killian? Did he regret what happened last night? Did he not care for me? Was last night a one night stand? Was I just another one of his mistress?

Tears trickled down my cheek as I quickly wiped them away. I shook my head, I shouldn't be crying over him. Maybe he just went to go get something to eat, or maybe went to work.

But wouldn't he at least leave a note or something?

Maybe I was just overthinking things. I love him and I should be able to trust him.

Soon the sound of the front door slammed. I spun around to come face to face with Killian. I sighed in relief.

"Are you okay love?" Killian said in a panic tone, quickly walking towards me cupping my face, "Why were you crying?" he asked, his eyes filled with worry.

I sniffled, "It's nothing," I replied giving him a reassuring smile.

I didn't want him to know my reasoning for crying like a clingy girlfriend.

Killian hands then held my waist as he looked into my eyes with a frown, "No love, tell me what is wrong so I can make it better," his voice was sweet, calm. My heart melted, my heartbeat racing, pounding, against my ribcage.

I was so in love with this man.

I playfully rolled my eyes, "Stop worrying," I said, "Why don't you go run me a bath. I'm quite sore," I giggled, placing a quick kiss on his cheek to hide my blush.

Killian smirked, "Anything for you," he said smiling.

Before he could walk up the stairs curiosity got the hold of me, "Hey Killian?"

He turned around to face me, "Yes?"

"Where were you this morning?"

His body almost went rigid at my question, "Had some things turn up at the company, nothing I couldn't handle." he answered casually with a soft smile.

I nodded as he proceeded to walk up the steps. I bit my lip in nervousness.

He was lying. Again. But what was his reason to lie now and why? 

|||||

oh no didnt killian learn his lesson to not lie. whoops ^~^

guysssss dont hate me okay im in the process of moving rn and on top of that i had a huge writers block but i think i have it now. 

and i know this chapter isnt much since ive been gone for like a month but ill try to do better. not making any promises but ill try to upload againt his week for you guys <3 thank you for your patience

Comment! Vote! Follow! & Share